Aon are currently recruiting a Solicitor / Claims Handler to join our team in London. This role will provide support to the Professional Indemnity Claims team, handling claims on behalf of corporate insurers and the Lloyds market under a delegated authority.
About the Role
As a Solicitor / Claims Handler, your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing whether a valid notification under the policy has been made
- Identifying any coverage issues
- Undertaking investigations to ascertain background facts
- Analysis of liability and quantum
- Formulating a resolution strategy
- Setting and monitoring reserves.
- Complying with the relevant Pre-Action Protocols and maintaining service delivery to agreed standards
- Providing an excellent claims service from first notification to conclusion
- Working with the insureds, insurers and third party providers (mostly external solicitors) to achieve the best possible outcome
- Liaising with brokers
- Carrying out projects, tasks and other duties as may from time to time be specified by senior management. Adhere to Divisional Quality Statement in all aspects of the Business Unit’s business
- Adhering to the standards, procedures and best practices of Aon Limited to ensure FCA and other regulatory compliance.
- Monitor and manage third party providers (e.g. loss adjusters, lawyers, surveyors, engineers)
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Knowledge and experience of professional Indemnity claims
- A degree in Law
- Good analytical, numerical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service
- Good understanding of compliance and FCA regulation
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalis, managing effective client relationships as well as working well as part of a team
Salary & Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of 66,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.