Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant
Aon are currently recruiting a Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant to join our team in London. The Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant will be primarily responsible for assist the team with financial modelling, project management and due diligence, reporting to the Corporate Development Deal Lead.
The Corporate Development role is key for a business that is high growth and acquisitive. The candidate will be focusing on corporate transactions for the business. The Corporate Development function plays a central role in identifying and evaluating opportunities for the continued growth of the business.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Mergers and Acquisitions Consultant:
- Financial modelling
- Investment appraisal
- Business case preparation for potential M&A activity
- Preparation of board level analysis / presentations
- M&A project management and transactional work with professional advisors
- Management of due diligence processes
- Support Corporate Development Deal Lead in all matters related to M&A
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
Education and Certification
- Strong academic qualifications – Bachelors Degree (2:1 or above)
- Ideally post-graduate degree such as chartered accountancy qualification, MBA, etc
- Big 4 accountancy firm qualified ACA (not mandatory)
- Investment Banking / Corporate Finance training
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Understanding of asset valuation techniques, Net Present Value, IRR and ROIC
- Experience building and working on corporate financial models
- Financial Services (in particular Insurance) background is beneficial but not essential
- Relevant experience will include M&A, Corporate Development, Strategy, Transaction Support, Investment Banking, etc.
- Excellent MS Excel, PPT and analytical skills
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application