Aon are currently recruiting a Claims Service Adviser to join our National Corporate Claims team based in Glasgow. Within this role you will manage a portfolio of UK claims across all classes of business, with opportunities to gain experience in other commercial claims areas also.
About the role
As a Claims Service Adviser, your key responsibilities will include:
• Managing a portfolio of UK Occupational Disease claims including Noise induced Hearing Loss, Vibration White Finger and asbestos related disease, with an opportunity to gain experience within other commercial claims areas.
• Dealing with cases in line with FCA guidelines; relevant pre-action protocols and managing cases within Claims Portal.
• Establishing relevant coverages, self-insurance periods and gaps in cover, and ensuring that claims are placed appropriately with correct legacy insurers.
• Provide expert advice, technical analysis or litigation support to clients to facilitate the settlement of claims.
• Liaising with the many stakeholders involved in occupational disease claims.
• Establish and maintain electronic claim files, process claims information and co-ordinate internal claims-related activities.
• Maintain and review appropriate claims reserves.
• Establishing and maintaining key client contacts
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Previous experience dealing with Occupational Disease claims and / or general Liability losses.
• Law firm (or equivalent) training, or Liability claims experience gained within a major Company / Insurer / Syndicate background / Broker
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work in a demanding environment, displaying flexibility and adaptability yet able to work in a structured manner.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Relevant technical insurance knowledge.
• Knowledge of the necessity of compliance with FCA regulatory and business procedures
• Ability to adhere to process, yet work flexibly within a demanding team environment
• Experience with Microsoft Excel
Salary and benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday pro rata for this role. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.