Aon are currently recruiting an Account Handler / Client Service Advisor to join the National team, supporting clients with their risk management and bespoke insurance requirements, particularly within the public sector. Our ideal candidate will be a driven advisor with a customer-centric approach, with technical insurance knowledge gained in a commercial environment.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with Client Managers to ensure the highest level of service to each assigned Client, and fully understand the Client's business and insurance requirements, contributing to the formulation of the Service Plan, Reports, and Presentations and attending client visits.
- Undertake negotiations with insurers as agreed, marketing and negotiating terms as required, fully supporting the broking function to achieve optimum solution for the client.
- Preparation of comprehensive marketing presentations and the renewal report, working with the Broking Managers to prepare full cover comparisons as required.
- Communicate terms of settlement to Client, ensure premiums are debited (and allocated appropriately where necessary) and assist with maintenance of credit control standards. Provide on-going communication with the client following queries/alterations and ensure Client Manager is kept appraised of developments.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Insurers and where appropriate, differentiating with the Client; the cover, service and industry knowledge that a specific Insurer could deliver to them.
- Identify programme design improvements and revenue growth opportunities for Clients.
- Ensure contract certainty is delivered, and act as an escalation point for colleagues in relation to contract certainty queries.
- Be seen by colleagues as someone who is supportive and helpful, professionally representing Aon and their corporate objectives, and taking ownership of problems and their resolution.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your skills, experience and knowledge will ideally include:
- Ability to positively engage clients and stakeholders, demonstrating good communication, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Display a polite, professional, and customer-centric approach.
- Technical insurance knowledge within commercial lines of business.
- Experience supporting public sector clients is desirable however not essential.
- Ability to work efficiently in a cross-functional and structured environment and comply with regulatory and business procedures.
- Previous experience of using insurance industry IT systems to efficiently deliver client service.
- ACII or equivalent qualification is desirable however not essential.
Salary & benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.