Fiduciary Accounting Manager
Aon are currently recruiting a Fiduciary Accounting Manager to join our team in London on a full-time permanant basis. This role will have responsibility for 2 direct reports.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Fiduciary Accounting Manager:
- Management of the preparation and completion of quarterly, month-end and mid-month client money reporting requirements to the required deadlines.
- Review and approval of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis of fiduciary balances.
- Instigate project-based work designed to improve processes and controls with the approval of Head of Fiduciary Accounting.
- Ensure the appropriate deployment of internal controls in co-ordination with the SOx manager, Internal Audit and Compliance.
- Oversee quarterly reviews of client money processes carried out by outsourced accounting services provider and other areas of the business.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors and Compliance team.
- Overseeing the annual CM audit, in line with the latest assurance standard (implemented during 2017), requiring extensive additional documentation and testing throughout the year.
- Liaison with Treasury and outsourced fiduciary accounting provider.
- Detailed understanding of Aon’s broking systems and their impact on client money.
- Manage implementation of new broking systems with regards to client money requirements.
- Review and implement improved fiduciary intercompany reporting processes and assist in managing out-of-balances.
- Presentations on client money matters as required including assisting with training.
- Oversee investigation and reporting of client money breaches.
- Management and detailed review of fortnightly client money Calculations and drawdowns.
- Management of annual client money audit process.
- Review and approval of monthly balance sheet reconciliations and journal postings.
- Interpretation of current CASS5 client money regulation and ongoing compliance with the rules.
- Understanding of new client money assurance standard and application of it to Aon’s risk and control framework.
- Preparing and driving the agenda at monthly client money sub-committee.
- Attendance and discussion at various monthly Performance Review meetings including those for Treasury, the Aon Reinsurance Solutions business and Aon’s outsourced accounting services provider.
- Responsibility for reviewing and approving fiduciary transaction clearances as proposed by the legacy ledger team.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
As a Fiduciary Accounting Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University degree preferred
- Qualified accountant, ACA / ACCA preferred
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in auditing/accounting/reporting function.
- Insurance or brokerage industry experience.
- Experience of Client Money CASS 5 rules essential.
- Experience with financial systems preferred.
- Experience of managing a team preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal, organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Experience of using a range of excel features.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application