Aon are currently recruiting a Client Service Advisor to join our National team in Leicester, UK. This is a great opportunity to develop your career in a leading firm, working with a highly knowledge team and receiving investment in your development.
About the Role
As a Client Service Advisor some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the delivery of a co-ordinated and managed high quality, innovative client service in accordance with the agreed Scope of Service Agreement relating to Commercial insurance products.
- Liaise effectively with Client Managers and the Broking team to ensure client needs are met and concerns raised via the Client Promise Plan are addressed/remedied.
- Understand Aon’s products/facilities and other offerings, ensuring budgetary forecasts are maintained.
- Ensure that GRIP is updated in ‘real time’ and other KPIs are fully met.
- To act as a role model, encouraging problem solving and innovation and to support the team to achieve Aon’s service standards.
- Embrace operational improvement initiatives.
- Strives for profitability – think of solutions to make a job more cost effective and streamlined.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- ACII or equivalent is desirable.
- A solid understanding of insurance market dynamics commercial factors.
- Technical knowledge in all major and pecuniary classes.
- Good influencing, listening and communication skills.
- Adaptable, focused and self-disciplined – driven to achieve results.
- Experience with motor fleet and Global Inwards and Global Outwards business is desirable.
Salary & Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of 59,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
Aon is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, colour religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.