Aon are currently recruiting a Head of Financial Lines to join the team in Manchester, reporting to the Broking Director, and providing leadership to seven direct reports.
Within this role you will be primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the financial lines broking team whilst placing business with a panel of competing Insurers, including Aon’s AUM facility, or open market. You will also ensure the team provides the highest level of quality service, establish effective relationships with stakeholders, and provide senior level technical and broking expertise across all classes of Financial Lines (D&O, Crime, EPL, PTL).
About the Role
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
Client service delivery:
- Ensure the FL Broking team work as a cohesive unit meeting all service requirements agreed with Insurers and internal Aon teams.
- Review KPIs to ensure service delivery expectations are met and where possible exceeded.
- Embracing development of operational improvements alongside the CPOM management team to gain consistency.
- Liaise effectively with Client teams and the wider Aon network to ensure client needs are identified, understood and met. Including agreement of broking strategy and Client team involvement at pre-renewal stage to ensure efficient and profitable solution.
- Understand Aon’s products / facilities and other offerings, ensuring budgetary forecasts are maintained.
- Direct Client Management with key clients to support to the Client team as required.
- Wording reviews and ongoing development of new products with the reinstatement and coordination of the technical committee.
- Analysis of management information, reporting on a quarterly basis as part of the SPS Reviews with a view to identifying opportunities and reduce revenue leakage.
- Close liaison with management and Marketing & Product Management Team to identify opportunities and strategy development.
- Support SPS and open market placements where appropriate, in line with the broking strategy and to ensure the best client solution whilst maximizing SPS penetration.
- Contribute towards strong and positive relationships with all SPS Insurers and lead regular carrier review meetings alongside the Broking Director.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all regional offices through Area Directors and key Client Managers.
- Assist the Broking Director in the planning and budgeting process encompassing revenue, expense and headcount.
- Carry out such projects, tasks and other duties as may be specified by the Broking Director or Senior Management of the Division.
Compliance with regulatory requirements and business procedures:
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Ltd and Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Ltd policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of ay group company.
- Assist in driving change in their location, allocating resource where necessary.
- Liaising with the team to ensure broking team are transacting business with clients and insurers in a compliant and robust way, with operational processes / systems being monitored and maintained.
- Ensuring that file reviews and technical audits are carried out in accordance with sign-off and ongoing supervision of staff.
- Ensure PURE is loaded and updated in ‘real time’ by the team and other KPIs are fully met.
- Responsible for complaints, E&O and compliance issues.
- Lead a team of placing brokers through coaching, development and performance management, ensuring completed objectives with supporting personal development plans in place.
- Ensure all team members attend relevant development courses in line with their role including market seminars.
- Develop and support team members in the achievement of their objectives through coaching and mentoring.
- Attract, develop and retain talented individuals in line with business plans.
- Work with the leadership team to develop a working environment where people are positive, motivated and enthusiastic.
- To act as a role model, encouraging problem solving and innovation and to support the team to achieve Aon’s service standards.
- Undertake team briefings/meetings.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- ACII or working towards would be an advantage
- Financial Lines Broking experience working in a team covering all elements of broking activity including placement and negotiation with insurers, policy production, administration, maintaining IT system and records.
- Solid technical understanding of the all FL classes of business including multiple lines and global placements.
- Good market awareness and technical expertise to review and development policy wording.
- Proven people management skills with the ability to motivate people and assist them in organising their work to meet required targets, and the ability to resolve performance issues.
- Effective working relationship with panel insurers.
- Good influencing, listening and communication skills. Adaptable, focussed and self-disciplined, driven to achieve results.
- IT literate including MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
Salary & Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, and additional holiday.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.