Team Secretary - 12 month FTC
Aon are currently recruiting a Team Secretary to join our team in Manchester for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. The Team Secretary will be primarily responsible for scheduling on the Aon Secretarial Toolkit. Enable colleagues in the team to focus on revenue generation, client & colleague management and winning new business.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The UK pensions landscape is evolving at a rapid pace. Economic challenges, legislative change, an ageing population and asset volatility pose a wide variety of risks and challenges to pension schemes. Trustees and scheme sponsors are faced with a range of decisions on difficult topics from managing risk to improving member engagement, setting an investment strategy to managing DC plans.
Aon Retirement Solutions’ market-leading capabilities and award-winning expertise make us the perfect partner to help clients through their pension challenges. We can provide integrated and comprehensive solutions across actuarial, plan administration, investment and insurance disciplines, enabling us to serve our clients' unique needs every step of the way.
About the Role
Your impact as a Team Secretary:
For the team(s):
· Produce documents as requested, in line with Aon Brand, including typing, formatting, proof reading, printing, binding and collating meeting packs as needed.
· Carry out billing for the team’s clients as requested and within deadlines. Adhere to Billing Secretary Role Expectations (click here) and use the Billing Tool for all clients except where agreed otherwise with the Billing Manager.
· Set up internal and external meetings including all catering, equipment and logistical requirements, cancelling any rooms which are no longer required.
· Book any travel, hotels and restaurants, using CWT where Aon’s processes require it. Ensure appropriate approvals are in place in line with policy.
· Prepare expense claims and Amex logs accurately and within the firm’s guidelines, using The Hub to process all but any very complicated claims for colleagues in ARL5-9.
· Use PulsePoint for electronic filing, adhering to the scanning processes, assisting client teams and supporting colleagues where needed. Promote PulsePoint for client and internal work as appropriate.
· Use the Iron Mountain Connect system to retrieve and return client paper files as and when requested by team members.
· Manage incoming phone calls, passing detailed messages on effectively and efficiently.
· Manage compliance tasks when requested, including CPD completion, annual declarations, gift & entertainment registers, setting up new clients, initial AML checks and annual KYC checks.
· Keep up to date with internal news, system & tool roll out and updates, project updates and developments, ensuring action is taken where appropriate personally and by team members.
· Actively maintain data held in internal systems including Salesforce, Client Portfolio Site and PeopleFinder when requested.
· Request holidays in the PTO system on behalf of others when asked, acting as holiday co-ordinator for the team where appropriate.
· Any ad hoc duties, requests and initiatives to ensure those supported can work efficiently.
· Provide support to PAs, undertaking delegated activities as requested in order to meet the needs of the Partners’ and Principals’ clients.
• Understands and reflects in practice the Firm’s vision, approach to client care, the development of individuals and all values and cultural aspects of the Firm
• Complies with the Firm’s Equal Opportunities Policy and co-operates in measures introduced to implement and monitor the policy
• Complies with the Firm’s Health & Safety Policy and all relevant legislation
• System management - build and maintain your knowledge of Aon products and services
• Record time accurately using Carpe Diem in line with Secretaries Time Recording Best Practice
• Work as an effective team member by contributing towards sickness and holiday cover
• Connect to Lync as “available” when working
Your knowledge and expertise:
• Educated to GCSE level, including English Language and Maths at grade C or above, or equivalent.
Educated to A level or equivalent.
• Secretarial experience, ideally within the financial services industry within a medium to large professional services firm
• Fully proficient with standard technology - Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Internet Explorer and Lync. Fully proficient with Aon systems and processes (following appropriate training and time in the role) – phone/voicemail, Salesforce (client & contact management), Carpe Diem (time recording), Elite (billing), eProcurement, Expenses (Cash and Amex), Room booking, PeopleFinder (internal contacts), PulsePoint, Workday (performance and goal management), CWT (travel booking), PTO database (holiday booking), Distribution group management, Aon Brand, Corporate Templates for Word and PowerPoint and remote working including the use of InTune on mobile devices
• Good communicator with colleagues, suppliers and clients
• Professional telephone manner
• Ability to prioritise work effectively and stay ahead of deadlines
• Hard working, conscientious, accurate attention to detail and timely delivery of work
• Live our values through being flexible, approachable, helpful and supportive of colleagues
• A “can-do” attitude, positive approach to change, a mind-set of process improvement and willingness to learn new skills
• Reliable, trustworthy and maintains confidentiality
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application