Facultative Casualty / Specialty Broker – London
Aon Reinsurance Solutions are currently recruiting a Facultative Casualty / Specialty Broker to join our Japan team in London.
Aon Reinsurance Solutions
As the industry leader in treaty, facultative and capital markets, Aon Reinsurance Solutions is redefining the role of the reinsurance intermediary and capital advisor. Through our unmatched talent and industry-leading proprietary tools and products, we help our clients to redefine success. Aon Reinsurance Solutions offers unbiased capital advice and customized access to more reinsurance and capital markets than anyone else. As a trusted advocate, we provide local reach to the world’s markets, an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics, including catastrophe management, actuarial, and rating agency advisory, and the right professionals to advise clients in making the optimal capital choice for their business. With an international network of more than 80 offices in 50 countries, our worldwide client base is able to access the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services. Learn more at http://www.aon.com/
About the Role
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
As a Broker some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Working with colleagues and Japanese clients on a variety of non-marine facultative casualty and specialty business.
- Provide advice to clients and colleagues on placement design, available coverage and capacity, likely pricing, potential coverage enhancements and market progress.
- Work on and provide support in developing and delivering market presentations and broking strategy.
- Identifying appropriate channels for risk placement based on clients’ market security guidelines and other requirements, exerting influence on the market in order to secure the best deals.
- Negotiating terms and conditions of placement with the market
- Providing specialist advice to clients and colleagues including involvement in product research and new product development.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Broker your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience in placing business into casualty and specialty risk / (re)insurance markets
- An ability to learn and displays a broad understanding of Aon, clients’ and (re)insurers’ products and can bring the best of Aon to clients
- Strong communication skills - Communicates goals/strategy to clients and market
- Invests time and resource in Research & Development to find new products/solutions to meet clients’ needs
- Inspires commitment and action in others (both internally and externally) through strong communication skills
- Considers both the clients and the underwriter’s perspective in order to adapt approach
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Data analysis abilities
- Confident to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in an environment where deadlines must be adhered to
- Good level of IT competency required.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.