Data Privacy Director
Aon are currently recruiting a Data Privacy Director to join our team in London. The Data Privacy Director will be primarily responsible for:
- Providing leadership to operations colleagues in their role as Aon UK Data Privacy Champions.
- Working with the Global Data Privacy (GDP) function and the UK DPO to develop and implement tangible improvements to reduce business risk over time.
- Leading data privacy process improvement in the UK. Develop best practice processes and procedures which embed privacy by design.
- Acting as the first point of escalation for business queries ensuring high quality, rapid responses to client and insurer requests.
- Supporting the Global Data Privacy team with resolving data breaches.
- Ensuring metrics and monitoring is in place for key data privacy risk indicators, projects and continuous improvement investments.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Data Privacy Director:
- Leading the Privacy Champion community – develop and run the Aon UK Limited (AUKL) Privacy Champion community, setting priorities and co-ordinating activities
- Data Privacy Framework – Ensure that there is a comprehensive and intuitive framework in place for the AUKL businesses working with GDP
- Policies & Procedures – Working with GDP, adopt and tailor data privacy orientated policies and procedures for the AUKL businesses
- Adopt and tailor tools – Ensure that AUKL adopts available Group provided data privacy tools to build a sustainable response to the data privacy requirements
- Event escalation protocols – Ensure that the businesses fully adopt the event escalation protocols and validate that they will operate effectively
- Point of escalation – Be a first point of escalation for business queries. Then escalate anything that requires a Group view/answer
- Oversight – Within the context of the 1st line, be inquisitive and challenging of the businesses arrangements
- Engagement – Work with the Risk & Compliance team and Audit teams to ensure that assurance activity is complete and accurate. Assist CRO with any required regulatory interaction.
- Identification and remediation – Use experience and judgement to identify issues of concern. Work with the DPO to bring them back within Board appetite
- Liaison with IT – Work with IT community to devise practical DP strategies e.g. encryption etc.
- Reporting to AUKL governance committees – Assist the COO and CRO report to the various AUKL governance bodies on DP
- Improving and embedding first line monitoring with GDPR and other data protection laws, policies and procedure
- Ensuring policies and procedures are fit for purpose and embedded through governance, MI, system controls, training and audit.
- Ensure appropriate training is in place for all colleagues.
- Ensure communication plans to support the change initiative are appropriate, effective and cascaded through the business as appropriate.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK and corporate policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company..
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Expert knowledge of data protection law and practices.
- Deep understanding of the UK financial services sector and ideally insurance risk management and placement
- Working knowledge of how IT applications, infrastructure and architecture can be adapted to reduce data privacy risk and / or Aon’s ability to respond to requests from clients or regulators.
- Good program management, talent development and strong verbal and written communication skills
- Determines pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions.
- Enthusiastic team player with strong relationship and empathy building skills who can sell reasons for change / plans to a diverse range of relationships.
- Well-developed influencing skills.
- Drive operational excellence in the businesses within remit (i.e. efficient delivery of consistently excellent client propositions) by devising short and long term operational strategies across the business and implementing these effectively within the business units.
- Strong track record of leading operational change and reducing data privacy risk within a large UK financial services organisation.
- Background in data privacy, with the ability to navigate a diverse business environment and influence key stakeholders.
- Delivery of complex projects in the Financial Services / insurance broking environment.
- A track record of operating successfully in a regulated environment and with a good understanding of risk management, legal and compliance issues.
- Strong understanding of the data protection law and regulation including the changes required to meet GDRP.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application