Aon are currently hiring a Retail Client Director, providing leadership for Aon’s Retail Practice, servicing clients and leading on new business and marketing initiatives. This position is predominantly home based with travel required across South and Central UK regions.
About the Role
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Head of the Retail Practice to provide thought leadership and support to the wider UK Retail Practice Group.
- Act as a point of reference in South and Central UK Regions for clients and colleagues within the retail practice sector.
- Service some of our Retail clients in a Client Manager / Client Director role, including attending client and future client meetings.
- Lead and support new business pitches and client defences.
- Ensure that client groups and other staff have all the relevant information on which to base their advice to clients.
- Support client and business development teams in understanding and communicating the value proposition of the Retail Practice.
- Represent the Aon Retail Practice by attending and or speaking at high profile sector events.
- Ensure relationships between Aon business units are conducive in delivering a high quality service to our Retail and Wholesale clients.
- Providing support and direction to the proposition development and marketing team in developing innovative sector specific solutions for our clients.
- Coach our sales team for success, key technical issues and how to frame those discussions with clients and prospects.
- Input to and write thought leadership and client communications.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and business procedures. Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Our ideal candidate will have experience as a Practice Leader, Client Director, Senior Account Executive, Senior Manager or similar with a portfolio of large Retail or Wholesale sector clients.
- ACII or equivalent is preferred.
- A good knowledge of commercial insurance market and dynamics.
- Familiar with the challenges of leading and developing teams in a changing environment, and working effectively in a matrix organisation where influencing skills and forming effective working partnerships is essential. Behaviour that inspires the trust and respect of colleagues and wider leadership team.
- Analytical and logical, and committed to continual improvement and to using new technology to raise standards of quality and efficiency.
- An effective and reasonable negotiator with an understanding of the importance of sustainability.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday.