Aon are currently recruiting a Training Director to join our team in London. The Training Director will be primarily responsible for developing a training strategy, implementing best training practice and standardising training processes and procedures. In addition, introducing and enhancing measures to monitor training outcomes and embeddedness, ensuring the timely delivery of reports for relevant governance meetings and delivering training to colleagues as part of the overall training delivery schedule.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Training Director:
- Own the training agenda for Aon UK Ltd, ensuring operational and technical training is fit for purpose and aligned to the strategy, goals and objectives of the business.
- Ensure that regulatory learning initiatives delivered centrally through Regulatory Learning/ Compliance are supported and embedded with colleagues across the organisation.
- Ensure appropriate resource and content is in place to deliver effective outcomes, liaising with HR/Talent, Compliance and Risk to produce embedded change.
- Define overall training framework, providing clarity to the business on how the tailored training will meet their expectations, and be measured.
- Provide training and partnership to the business ensuring suitable tailoring of training content and delivery based upon the needs of the populations within each Business Unit.
- Work with Governance, Compliance and Risk colleagues to assess legal, regulatory and other changes to the control framework and agree training implications and required actions with business operations.
- Develop and leverage best practice to develop effective communication and training on areas such as:
- E&O risk mitigations and lessons learned,
- Aon Choice subjectivities, lessons learned and best practice,
- Complaints remedial actions,
- Financial Crime.
- Work with key stakeholders on delivery of training, including sourcing and management of external training providers where needed.
- Design and deliver training content, through appropriate methods such as:
- Webinar sessions,
- Development of e-learning content,
- Lunch and learn sessions,
- Case study workshops,
- Face to face training sessions.
- Develop additional internal collateral to cascade training content and messages, including:
- development of manager/facilitator packs,
- communication packs for use in team meetings,
- train the trainer/facilitator sessions,
- Develop framework for MI to monitor key metrics such as attendance, achievement, feedback and ensure that these are used to drive improvements in training delivery and embeddedness.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Leader with a background in delivering, managing, coordinating and executing training strategy.
- Collaborative approach, with the ability to operate in a matrix management environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed influencing skills.
- Capable of building and maintaining relationships at senior levels of the organisation.
- Determines pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions on training strategy. Ensures that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occurs in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner.
- Motivation, coaching and development of staff and evidence of proactive management of performance issues.
- Enthusiastic team player with strong relationship and empathy building skills who is capable of selling reasons for change / plans across a diverse range of relationships.
- The Head of Training will be expected to develop a good working knowledge of the various business unit models and risk profiles.
- Relevant experience in a Training and Development leadership role.
- Good understanding of training practice and learning psychology in a large organisation environment.
- Good working knowledge of FCA regulation relating to insurance broking.
- A good understanding of risk management, legal and compliance issues.
- Experience of leading and developing a high performance team.
- Experience in delivery of projects, new working practices and change initiatives.
- Proven ability to navigate a diverse business environment and influence key stakeholders.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.