Aon are currently recruiting a Governance Director to join our team in London. The Governance Director will be primarily responsible for ensuring that Aon UK Ltd has a client centric proactive and clearly articulated business governance framework, working with key stakeholders, supported by up to date robust and evidenced procedures.
Lead within the Governance team to support implementation of Aon Global and UK Policies and procedures, in conjunction with business operations, tailoring for local business environments and mandating where necessary.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Governance Director:
- Lead and manage within the Governance team to develop and maintain a proactive approach to business governance, linked to business strategy and goals.
- Work with key stakeholders on the definition of the overall governance meeting and oversight framework, giving clarity as to the expectations from each business unit and agreeing KPIs with the business and operations.
- Confirm adoption of the central risk management and control frameworks through documented and maintained processes and procedures.
- Maintain oversight of the governance meeting and oversight framework, ensuring that meetings are taking place and are adequately documented.
- Define operational and other required input for the Aon UK Limited Board , ExComm and other Executive committees in accordance with Board and ExComm requirements.
Risk, regulatory and legal
- Develop and leverage best practice to achieve consistency of process and oversight, tailored for local business requirements, in respect of Aon Global and UK business requirements and specific policy requirements, mandating where necessary, in agreed areas.
- Assess legal, regulatory and other changes to the control framework and agree implications and required actions with business operations. Monitor implementation and ensure controls in place to evidence ongoing compliance.
Support the Head of Business Governance and provide management with greater assurance by:
- Identifying opportunities for improvement and greater consistency across business areas.
- Standardising processes and procedures.
- Introducing and enhancing measures to monitor business risk through improvements to Board packs, MBR packs and other key MI dashboards.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
Knowledge and skills
- Leader with a background in managing, coordinating and executing risk and compliance activity on behalf of the business; upholds and demonstrates leadership values.
- Collaborative approach, with the ability to operate in a matrix management environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Well-developed influencing skills.
- Capable of building and maintaining relationships at senior levels of the organisation.
- Determines pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions. Ensures that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occurs in a timely, accurate and cost effective manner.
- Motivation, coaching and development of staff and evidence of proactive management of performance issues.
- Enthusiastic team player with strong relationship and empathy building skills who is capable of selling reasons for change / plans across a diverse range of relationships.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the Aon UK business unit model and risk profile.
- Good working knowledge of FCA regulation relating to (re)insurance broking, with a track record of successful application of that knowledge in the consumer and SME environments essential.
- A good understanding of risk management, legal and compliance issues.
- Experience of leading and developing a high performance team.
- Delivery of projects, new working practices and change initiatives.
- Proven ability to navigate a diverse business environment and influence key stakeholders.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.