Aon are currently recruiting a Operations Manager to join our team in Sheffield. The Operations Manager will be primarily responsible for delivery of day to day service and people management of multiple teams in Operations. These teams will form part of a business area or domain. The exact number of teams will vary by domain or business area but will usually range between 3 and 6 teams.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The UK pensions landscape is evolving at a rapid pace. Economic challenges, legislative change, an ageing population and asset volatility pose a wide variety of risks and challenges to pension schemes. Trustees and scheme sponsors are faced with a range of decisions on difficult topics from managing risk to improving member engagement, setting an investment strategy to managing DC plans.
Aon Retirement Solutions’ market-leading capabilities and award-winning expertise make us the perfect partner to help clients through their pension challenges. We can provide integrated and comprehensive solutions across actuarial, plan administration, investment and insurance disciplines, enabling us to serve our clients' unique needs every step of the way.
About the Role
Your impact as a Operations Manager:
- Owns and drives performance management activities across the teams by setting goals and delegating work to Manager I and colleagues: holding them accountable for the delivery to agreed deadlines.
- Holds regular (at least every two months) 121s with Manager Is to review performance, discuss issues, manage expectations and provide constructive feedback.
- Leads teams by providing direction and linking Manager I and colleague goals and expectations to those of the company, represents the company by helping Manager Is and colleagues understand their impact.
- Develops and manages resources across teams by creating resource plans, ensuring headcount matches plans throughout the year and develops plans for future business need.
- Manages the recruitment process for the teams ensuring Manager Is and colleagues with the relevant skills are recruited to the team.
- Motivates and engages Manager I and colleagues by understanding their individual motivations and managing them in line with available resources.
- Organizes and monitors current activities so that teams meet their Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and follow the agreed processes.
- Coordinates the workload across teams ensuring both business as usual and projects are delivered to required deadlines and level of quality.
- Analyzes data on the output of work across teams and identify issues or trends connected to errors, time-consuming tasks, under or over capacity.
- Accountable for overall quality control, management of risks and escalations, audit and governance across teams.
- Ensures correct processes and procedures are complied with by Manager I and colleagues.
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal forms. Owns company messages and adapts style to ensure key messages are delivered and understood by Manager Is and colleagues.
- Responsible for pro-actively managing relationships between teams and Key Stakeholders: these can include Clients, Client Managers, other Aon Teams and 3rd party providers.
- Uses talent management tools including succession planning and talent reviews to ensure that the right people are in the right roles for future growth and there is no Single Point of Failures across teams.
- Drives development activities across teams, identifying development needs and solutions in line with business needs based on the Aon Development Framework.
- Drives and promotes the management and sharing of knowledge across teams of all client processes, tools and systems: ensuring documentation is correct, up to date and in line with any statutory or legislative changes.
- Drives and promotes the identification and implementation of best practice across teams. Guides and supports colleagues in what is relevant and applicable for the domain or Business Area.
- Ensures updates and changes to processes are consulted with relevant stakeholders and the agreed change management processes are followed by Manager Is and colleagues.
- Owns and drives recognition practices across teams, responsible for recognising colleagues and promoting the culture of recognising others in the team.
- Manages the financial performance of teams in relation to headcount and ad hoc spend, ensuring that holidays, expenses and overtime is managed and all relevant time is charged correctly.
- Manages Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans ensuring all activities and processes are completed and kept up to date.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
Role-specific Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Professionalism and integrity to build long term trust.
- High level of self- motivation and proactivity.
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills to anticipate future needs/issues, including leading on identifying solutions and making recommendations.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize and execute tasks in high pressure environment. Including, the ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines using analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- A strong communicator, confident to express your own views and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills that build long term relationships and trust.
- An ability to positively influence the behaviours and decisions of others.
- Good IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word and, MS Office.
- Aon Leadership Model - Aon Leadership Model expectations
Education & Certification
You are likely to have a degree and a relevant Professional Qualification (eg PMI), with up to date CPD.
- Proven track record of People Management of multiple teams.
- Relevant experience of working within an Operations environment.
- Key Stakeholder and Client Management experience at a management level is required.
- Proven track record in delivering results to an external client base through the effective management of large teams is required.
- Experience of engaging and motivating colleagues to create a satisfying work environment is required.
- Experience in delivering projects or implementations work.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.