We are currently looking to recruit a Regional Project Management Leader for our South region. This position can be performed from our London, Chelmsford, Reading or Redhill offices or home based with some travel required.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with sales team to help identify and develop sales opportunities regionally on larger corporate accounts.
- Development of sales and marketing collateral in conjunction with the sales team and marketing to promote Aon.
- Development of a consistent project management process and response to sales opportunities including audits, RFPs and ITTs on a regional basis.
- Management and control of individual sales opportunities once a confidentiality agreement is signed and new business engagement identified and agreed upon.
- Assurance that individually worked upon new business opportunities meet agreed timelines.
- Provision of support to project management community to ensure all timelines are met regionally once a deadline has been agreed and committed to by the sales person and local head of office / Regional Managing Director.
- Management and authoring of technical content utilising the services of specialist areas of Aon where appropriate, to ensure accurate technical content delivery.
- Identification of the optimal programme design in relation to future and existing clients, including the ability to analyse claims, assess probability calculations and compare total cost of insurable risk options to identify the optimal programme design.
- Coaching and mentoring of project managers regionally to support their personal development in both a technical, report writing and where necessary production techniques.
- Management of training programmes for project managers to strengthen individual project manager’s skill sets.
- Quality control of project management fraternity to ensure the highest calibre exists from a technical and risk management perspective, to deliver a consistently high quality of content to maximise the opportunity of winning the sales opportunities.
- Maintenance of a new business conversion rate at a minimum level of 30% regionally with expectation of a regional conversion rate of 40%.
- Responsible in conjunction with head of office or Regional Managing Director to qualify potential opportunities and where necessary decline from participating, where there is considered to be a low percentage chance of winning the business.
- Work with the sales team and regional sales director to horizon scan potential sales opportunities through pipeline management.
- You will be responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Technical insurance expertise in relation to all classes of insurance including but not limited to property damage / business interruption, general liability, motor fleet, financial lines, professional indemnity, cyber and marine risks.
- An appreciation of alternative risk finance solutions including an understanding of the structure and mechanism of captive insurance companies.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to identify weaknesses in insurance and risk finance programme designs.
- Proven client facing skills and an ability to communicate the risk at c-suite level, as well as communication and presentation skills at a c-suite level.
- Excellent internal communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Educated to degree level and hold either ACII / FCII or CMIRM is desirable.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.