UK Employment Lawyer – Part time - 12 month Fixed term Contract
3 days per week - Virtual Location with on average 1 day a week in London
Aon are currently recruiting a UK Employment Lawyer to join our team in London. The UK Employment Lawyer will be primarily responsible for providing legal expertise in respect of the United Kingdom and, intermittently, jurisdictions within EMEA on a wide range of employment law matters. The UK Employment Lawyer will be also responsible for managing compliance with employment statutes and regulations to ensure legal risk is managed appropriately.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a UK Employment Lawyer:
- Responsible for advicing and counseling on: recruiting talent; drafting employment contracts; enforceability of restrictive covenants and other legal obligations relevant to departing employees or new hires; practical issues arising in connection with a transfer under TUPE or equivalent local legislation; disciplinary action; disability and other discrimination matters; terminations of employment, including redundancies (both individual and collective);
- Supervising external counsel on (i) employment law aspects of divestitures, mergers and acquisitions, including by devising and implementing appropriate structures; and (ii) Employment Tribunal claims;
- Advising strategically by not merely answering immediate questions but also asking wider questions, seeing and explaining the bigger picture, and devising and implementing solutions;
- Preparing settlement agreements and other employment-related documents,
- Reviewing matters with respect to Aon’s handbook, code of conduct and company policies and procedures,
- Preparing and delivering training,
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability (a) to present to groups; and (b) to interact with senior stakeholders,
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team setting,
- Displays a high level of self-direction and sound judgment, including the ability to work unsupervised except on the most complex and/or sensitive matters,
- The ability to provide practical, timely solutions to business partners,
- Significant relevant post qualification experience in employment law in a law firm or in-house legal position,
- In particular, experience in providing advice on enforceability of restrictive covenants and handbook / policy matters is essential,
- The ability to advise on complex legal issues and act as first port of call for senior stakeholders,
- Previous exposure to the UK financial regulatory environment,
- Experience of an insurance environment preferred,
- Able to make principle-based decisions where no precedent exists.
- Qualified as a solicitor or barrister in England and Wales
- Significant relevant post qualification experience in Employment Law
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application