Aon is currently recruiting an experienced Client Service Advisor to join our growing Public Sector team in Bristol. The Client Service Advisor will be primarily responsible for supporting our team of four Client Managers and providing technical insurance and risk advice to clients drawn from across the Public Sector, notably:
- Local Authorities (e.g. Unitary, County, Borough and District Councils)
- Fire , Police and Ambulance services
- NHS Trusts
- Government Agencies
- Educational establishments
This role is part of a small and very knowledgeable team, although there is approximately 200 staff within the Bristol office altogether, which is based in the heart of the city centre, five minutes from the Broadmead shopping mall, The Harbourside, and the picturesque Queens Square. The office is a 15 - 20 minute walk from Temple Meads train station with convenient parking available. We are also within close walking distance of our local insurer partners and numerous city centre bars and restaurants.
About the Role
As a Client Service Advisor, some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Working with Client Managers to ensure the highest level of service is provided to each assigned Client in line with the Aon Client Promise Plan. Fully understand the Client's business and risk/insurance requirements and act as the primary office based contact for day to day client queries and service requirements, trouble shooting and taking ownership of client problems and their resolution, escalating complex matters and seeking assistance where necessary. Provide on-going communication with the client following queries/alterations and ensure Client Manager is kept appraised of developments.
- Notifying insurers of changes to client requirements, providing policy documentation, endorsements, premium breakdowns, cover notes and certificates to clients as required. Attendance at client renewal and other meetings as required. Debiting of premiums, fees and midterm adjustments promptly and in accordance with operating requirements. Assisting client managers with implementation of agreed credit control standards. Negotiating renewal terms, Mid Term adjustments and cover extensions as required with insurers.
- Creating documents including:
- Broking presentations for the market,
- The annual insurance summary
- Client service plans,
- Renewal reports
- Stewardship reports
- Ad-hoc specific reports required by the client.
- Identifying improvements in Client risk & insurance programme design and make recommendations to the Client Managers accordingly. Identify revenue development opportunities on allocated Client accounts and making recommendations to Client Managers.Preparing for and attending internal pre-renewal strategy meetings.
- Working with Broking Managers to agree broking strategy and preparation of presentations and full cover comparisons as required. Undertake marketing and negotiations with insurers and Aon in house underwriting facilities as required - fully support the broking function to achieve optimum solution for the client. Assisting with new business proposals and presentations as part of the public sector team where appropriate.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Insurers and where appropriate, differentiating with the Client; the cover, service and industry knowledge that a specific Insurer could deliver to them.
- Professionally represent Aon, demonstrating an understanding of corporate objectives. Be seen by colleagues as someone who is supportive and helpful. Continually improve personal knowledge through appropriate training and implement appropriately
- Ensure contract certainty is delivered. Act as an escalation point for colleagues in relation to contract certainty queries, mentors others as appropriate
- Take responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Cert CII or ACII qualifications.
- Prior experience within corporate general insurance, ideally focussed on Public Sector clients in a National Broker environment.
- A good working knowledge of FCA compliance requirements and willingness to learn / implement Aon's own practices and procedures.
- Good level of technical knowledge in the major property, casualty and pecuniary classes.
- Polite, professional and a clear communicator. Able to write good English and be clear and concise.
- A good understanding and experience of the CCS (Crown Commercial Services) and other procurement frameworks used by the Public Sector, and a good working knowledge of the OJEU Procedures for tendering purposes, would be advantageous.
Salary & Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Headquartered in the city of London, Aon is the UK’s largest insurance broker (Insurance Times, August 2013) and provider of risk management services, number one reinsurance broker and number four in the UK's human capital consulting market. With 6,000 employees in 23 offices across the country, Aon combines an in-depth knowledge of the UK market with global reach and perspective.