Business Systems Manager
(Cardiff – with regular but not frequent UK travel)
The Business Systems Manager will be responsible for the key business systems and third-party relationships that allow Aon to do business. The role will lead a team of 4 analysts who will capture business requirements, liaise with suppliers and carry out system and process configuration.
The Business Systems Analyst team will serve as a liaison between the business community and the IT teams in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs and will work on projects with multiple stakeholders in various locations.
The Business Systems Manager will be an expert in managing multiple requests and balancing priorities across different stakeholders. They will need to build a continuous improvement process for the business to get the most out of the tools and systems available.
Your impact as a Business Systems Manager:
- Direct hand over point from new business win into implementation.
- Champion for our technology and capabilities.
- Ensure we have a continuous improvement mechanism that allows staff to feed into improving our systems.
- Manage project deliveries (using PM’s and Ba’s where necessary)
- Management of all systems, Acturis, SFDC, Q&B etc.
- Ensures that all Acturis releases are planned and managed in.
- Designing/proposing/implementing technical solutions in response to detailed requirements
- Coordinating efforts across internal and external teams
- Ad hoc analysis
- Proactively proposing technical solutions to improve operational efficiency.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage and develop a team of Business Systems Analysts
- Ensure effectiveness of the team where they: -
- Conduct interviews to elicit business needs
- Perform requirement analysis and systems analysis.
- Gather and document system/business requirements in the form of user stories
- Translate business requirements into work requests for suppliers
- Prepare estimations for business analysis tasks and deliverables.
- Facilitate design and development of software solutions.
- Liaise between business stakeholders, development and testing teams, as well as architecture and environment teams.
- Manage the Requirement and User Acceptance testing processes for new functionality including documentation, training, issue management, etc.
- Provide Plans and Mi on team workload.
- Actively communicate with stakeholders.
You bring skills and expertise
- Experience working in a business change environment
- Strong core Business Analysis skills in the areas of elicitation, requirements analysis, business process improvement, requirements modelling, gap analysis, functional decomposition and design, data modelling, rapid prototyping, and other Agile techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Outstanding relationship development and interpersonal skills
- Insurance Experience
- Be able to work with the business teams using skills such as influencing, negotiation, and consensus building.
- Ability to work with distributed cross functional teams and drive results to achieve project goals and mitigate risk. Previous project or team leadership experience.
- Ability to work independently with little oversight.
- Undergraduate degree (preferred)
- Use of Project and Change Management tools (MS Project, Jira or similar)
- Experience with Acturis highly desirable
- CRM experience
- Experience in managing software supplier relationships
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.