Aon are currently recruiting a Test Manager to join their Chelmsford office. The purpose of the role is to provide active leadership of the Testing work stream(s) for assigned projects and programmes, ensuring that testing-related deliverables are clearly established, with responsibility assigned and accepted by owners and each given completion deadlines. You will also provide leadership to Test Analysts and / or Business Analysts in the completion of testing-related project activity.
About the role
- Your key areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparation and Documentation of Test Strategies, including:
- Functional Testing
- Security/Penetration Testing
- Performance/Load Testing
- Other Non-Functional Testing as appropriate
- Testing Stages, such as System Testing, SIT and UAT
- Planning, sequencing and accurately estimating timings of testing-related activity required to deliver desired or required project outcomes
- Development and management of Test Plans
- Driving, Monitoring and Reporting on Testing-related progress within Projects and/or Programmes
- Managing the creation and quality of Test Cases and Test Scripts
- Booking and Managing User Acceptance Testing, including driving a project through to Executive UAT signoff
- Identification and management all project stakeholders including communication of information, extraction of information, assignment of activity and assurance of completion
- Management of project resources including people (e.g. the assignment of work to identified SMEs) and costs (to ensure spend remains within budget)
- Identification and management (either direct or through assignment to other parties) of risks to and issues affecting the project together with the agreement and execution of mitigating actions to ensure delivery of outcomes remains achievable
- Provision of leadership, management, mentorship and training of Test Analysts / Test Leads
- Chair / facilitate meetings to track progress
- Interaction with third parties / suppliers as required
- Excellent communicator - Ability to initiate, grow and maintain strong working relationships at all levels including executive sponsors, business leaders, subject matter experts and other key stakeholders. Ability to manage executive and senior staff and skilled in the management of stakeholder expectations. Ability to adapt content, style and level of detail of written and verbal communications to fit numerous, diverse audiences, selecting the most effective method in each case
- Critical thinker - Ability to understand, articulate and translate complex business problems in order to define clear activities which result in desired solutions. Effective in identifying problems, performing analysis to determine root causes and skilled in the provision of workable solutions.
- Delivery focussed - Ability to identify and pursue the successful completion of key testing projects ensuring quality and timeliness of all outputs.
- Time manager - Able to manage numerous testing initiatives simultaneously, prioritising key actions to ensure close management of stakeholders and action owners in order to achieve successful delivery of products and outputs.
- Technical expert - Solid understanding of Test Management methodologies and structures and can demonstrate a pragmatic application of these appropriate to a given audience and/or situation.
- Proven experience in:
- The successful initiation, planning, execution and closure of testing projects
- Managing a project team of up to 10 resources
- Negotiating with all parts of an organisation to secure resource and/or budget, meet deadlines, attain approvals, embed process and manage conflicts
- Facilitation of project meetings; internal and third parties, including online/conference calls
- Proven ability in:
- An insurance or broking environment
- Test Analysis and Test Management
- Use of MS Project, Visio, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to an advanced level
- Direction, leadership and motivation of testing teams
Salary & benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.