PA / Team Secretary
Aon Risk Solutions is currently recruiting a PA to join our team in Cardiffl. You will be primarily responsible for providing proactive PA support to the Head of Office. Reduce distractions and calls on their time, to enable them to focus on revenue generation, client & colleague management and winning new business, and provide Secretarial Support to a leadership team of 8.
You will receive support from a great team of Administrators based in the same office.
Your impact as a Personal Assistant
- Deliver distinctive client value by acting as point of contact/liaison with clients, third parties, peers and direct reports of the Head of Office, developing and maintaining a sound knowledge of key contacts
- Proactively manage email where agreed. Flag emails requiring action, categorise, respond to some emails / delegate to key team members where appropriate and to the extent agreed.
- Proactively manage diary. Work with other meeting organisers to manage clashes, plan travel and preparation time, and anticipate travel requirements.
- Prepare for meetings – take initiative to print off (or prepare for viewing on Laptop) meeting papers/agendas, drawing attention early to any actions/preparation required
- Plan and organise travel arrangements, including any visa applications, itineraries and route maps
- Submit and manage expenses and Amex logs accurately and within the firm’s guidelines
- Manage incoming phone calls and other attempts to make contact (e.g. emails, voice messages, Communicator messages, face to face and texts) passing detailed messages on effectively and efficiently
- Organise internal and external meetings including all catering, equipment and logistical requirements, cancelling any rooms which are no longer required
- Produce documents as requested, in line with Corporate Style, including typing, formatting, proof reading, printing and binding as needed
- Draft emails and communications as requested
- Manage compliance tasks including CPD completion, quarterly/annual declarations, gift & entertainment registers, monthly business review pack and trading metrics.
- Keep up to date with internal news, project updates and developments, ensuring action is taken where appropriate, and Head of Office is alerted to any action required by them
- Actively maintain data held in internal systems
- Proactively set up annual performance reviews for direct reports of those you support, as well as more regular 1-1s at agreed frequencies
- Submit annual leave requests in the PTO system and ensure no discrepancies between PTO and the Time Recording system
- Any ad hoc duties, requests and initiatives to ensure those supported can work efficiently
You bring knowledge and expertise
- PA experience at a senior level, ideally within the financial services industry within a medium to large professional services firm
- Experience of supporting a wider team
- Minute taking/Typing
- Fully proficient with standard technology Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Internet Explorer, Communicator, Live Meeting and use of Smart Phones
- Strong client service skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, prioritises work well and uses initiative to stay ahead of deadlines
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal and with all levels of seniority
- Ability to multi task and respond to changing priorities
- Accurate attention to detail and timely delivery of work
- A “can-do” attitude, positive approach to change, a mind-set of process improvement and willingness to learn new skills
- Reliable, trustworthy and maintains confidentiality
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 35,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide across 100+ solutions. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com