Project Manager – Flexible Locations, UK
Aon are currently recruiting a Project Manager to join the Aon Business Services Project team in the UK. The Project Manager will be primarily responsible for leading projects which facilitates change throughout the organization by effectively delivering projects and initiatives that support the growth, maturity and operational excellence within our business.
The Project Manager also be responsible for collection, analysing and reporting of data and existing processes to help identify areas of opportunity for change. This position has broad segment influence and will work closely with various regions/countries across multiple functions to implement consistent processes and systems to drive process improvements and efficiencies along with increased operational control and business growth.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a EMEA Financial Project Manager:
- Directs project and system governance
- Effectively manages Stakeholders and client relationships both internal to Aon and across Third-Parties as required
- Proactively conducts root cause analysis to identify and understand foundational issues and present potential solutions, then works with segment leadership and others throughout the firm to address people, process and technology issues
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry
- Identifies client organization's strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Assists/Leads (where possible) in the development of functional specifications and design specifications for client engagements
- Develops / leads the development of tools and processes to capture data
- Develops desktop procedures and other project documents
- Ensures tasks/aspects within projects are well managed and that any issues/risk are identified and progressed to closure
- Proposing and implementing process analysis & improvement initiatives
- Participating in new projects and initiatives
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert for other colleagues in the organization
- Drive change management and risk assessment to be able to plan and implement corrective actions
- Preparing status reports and participating in Project Team meetings
- Support PMO preparing project plans, project updates, steering committee report etc
- Serves in a key partnership role with Leaders to drive programs and initiatives critical to operational success and change management within the organization
- Assists with system and business testing activities
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported, escalated and resolved in a timely manner
- Works with client personnel to identify required changes
- Communicates needed changes to development team
- Supports /guides other team members (as required)
- Manages multiple initiatives concurrently
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies
- Project management experience/knowledge
- Significant finance exposure to understand the complexities of the business
- Ability to manage and be involved in multiple complex projects at the same time, as well as the ability to stay focused on key business initiatives
- Ability to drive change and execution of projects in a highly matrixed organization
- Able to work at all levels of the organization from senior leadership to the transactional level
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
- Experience of having worked on outsourcing/offshoring projects
- Able to get involved in the detail and be hands on when required
- Excel skills – at least intermediate level
- Experience in using computer applications (MS Office is a must)
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products
- Very high attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data and check its accuracy
- Ability to asses change impact across processes/teams and identify possible risks.
- Good spoken and written English, other foreign language skills will be an asset
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications, leadership, supervision and interpersonal relationships
- Able to adjust spoken and written communication style appropriately to the message recipient
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel in EMEA as required for project work/meetings
Education & Certification:
- University degree or equivalent (specialization in accounting / economics/finance/administration would be an asset),
- ACCA Qualification/Part-Qualification would be an asset,
- Certificates/ studies in project management would be an asset.
- Experience in Financial environment
- Experience in Project Management / Business Analyst role
- Proven Projects and Business Analysis experience gained from large scale change programs within multi-national environment
- Customer service experience
- People management experience will be an asset
- Experience in system implementation would be an asset
- Detailed understanding of accounting processes across FP&A or Controllership would be an asset.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.