Programme Manager – Flexible Locations, UK
Aon are currently recruiting a Programme Manager to join the Aon Business Services Project team in the UK (Flexible Locations). The Programme Manager will be primarily responsible for driving and supporting change throughout the organization by effectively delivering Programmes and initiatives that support the growth, maturity and/or operational excellence. The role will include managing and directing project teams and resources to help identify and deliver areas of opportunity for change to better serve our customers. This position has broad segment influence and will work closely with various regions/countries across multiple functions to implement consistent processes and systems to drive process improvements and efficiencies along with increased operational control and business growth.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Programme Manager:
- Planning and designing the programme and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action
- Defining the programme’ s governance arrangements
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programme - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme, and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programmes and corporate, technical and specialist standards
- Managing the programme’ s budget, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the programme progresses
- Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams
- Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Ensuring there is allocation of common resources and skills within the programme’ s individual projects
- Managing third party contributions to the programme
- Managing communications with all stakeholders
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Managing risks to the programme’ s successful outcome
- Working with the business change manager or equivalent on the transition to the new business as usual position
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to Stakeholders/Steering Groups and/or other committees
- Support PMO preparing project plans, project updates, steering committee report etc.
- Directs project and system governance
- Develops / leads the development of tools and processes
- Serves in a key partnership role with Leaders to drive Programmes and initiatives critical to operational success and change management within the organization
- Assists with system and business testing activities.
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported, escalated and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with client personnel to identify required changes.
- Communicates needed changes to development team
- Acts as a Senior within the team and supports/guides other team members (as required)
- Managing multiple initiatives concurrently
- Identifying exceptions to Standard Operating Procedures and Target Operating Model and escalating them to Project Leads/Managers
- Managing working relationship with country teams
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Participating actively in problem solving
- Communicate value proposition & methodology to existing and new countries
- Participating in change or improvement projects as required
- Managing project deliverables on time and providing valid status reports
- Acting as an escalation point by handling client’s complaints in a professional way leading to resolution
- Performing your responsibilities independently and in line with project documents and SOP’s
- Ensuring that all information you share is accurate
- Building good working relationship with country internal clients and Finance/Business teams to deliver high quality of results in a timely manner
- Think ahead about proactive communications with colleagues working on the same project to make this successful
- Guide and motivate colleagues taking part in Projects –focus on issues resolution, high morale & great teamwork
- Co-operates with: Manager, Team members, FC teams, country teams and IT Systems Teams.
- Co-operating with FC and country teams to ensure knowledge transfer and documents completions
- Sharing knowledge and know-how with other colleagues in FC
- Asking for support if you're not sure
- Listening actively to other colleagues and asking questions to understand their needs or discoveries
- Communicating in writing with client team,
- Participating in calls with colleagues in other locations
- Accepting feedback from your manager or more experienced colleagues. Making efforts to improve your performance or knowledge levels where required
- Escalating issues to the team manager and senior colleagues
- Providing feedback to your team manager and senior colleagues about potential improvements and process gaps
- Being a buddy to new colleagues (when required)
- Sharing your knowledge with new joiners to ensure they are fully prepared for activities
- Reviewing the work of other colleagues to ensure accuracy (Project plans, Charters, Work Instructions, SRT’s)
- Manage to resolution Project related issues raised by project team or internal clients
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Project management experience/knowledge
- Significant operations exposure to understand the complexities of the business
- Ability to manage and be involved in multiple complex projects at the same time, as well as the ability to stay focused on key business initiatives.
- Ability to drive change and execution of Programmes in a highly matrixed organization
- Able to work at all levels of the organization from senior leadership to the transactional level
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output.
- Experience of leading outsourcing/offshoring projects
- Excel skills – at least intermediate level
- Experience in using computer applications (MS Office is a must)
- Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products
- Very high attention to detail
- Ability to analyse data and check its accuracy
- Ability to asses change impact across processes/teams and identify possible risks
- English level
- Other foreign language skills will be an asset
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications, leadership, supervision and interpersonal relationships.
- Able to adjust spoken and written communication style appropriately to the message recipient
- Assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel in EMEA and cross regions as required for project work/meetings
Education and Certification
- University degree or equivalent (specialization in accounting / economics/finance/administration would be an asset)
- ACCA Qualification/Part-Qualification would be an asset
- Certificates/ studies in project management would be an asset
- Extensive experience in a Financial environment
- Prior experience in Project Management / Business Analyst role
- Proven Projects Management experience gained from large scale change Programmes within a multi-national environment
- Customer service experience
- People management experience will be an asset
- Experience in system implementation would be an asset
- Awareness of accounting processes across FP&A together with AP, AR, GL or Automation Services would be an asset
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application