2449275 - Technical Director (Portfolio Solutions), (London, UK)
Aon are currently recruiting a Technical Director to join out Portfolio Solutions Team which is part of the Global Broking Centre based in London.
As Technical Director will be primarily responsible for:
- Driving technical excellence within the GBC in the creation of SPS contracts, development of wordings and clauses and templates, the provision of technical advice and expertise and by representing the team on relevant groups and by building key relationships
- Managing a robust governance process for the GBC Structured Portfolio Solutions (SPS) including delivery of successful operational performance in line with prescribed key performance metrics
- Leading the technical support team members to provide a high quality and efficient transactional service on all GBC SPS and to develop the team skills and knowledge
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Global Broking Centre - London
The Global Broking Centre in London is an integral part of Aon’s global broking strategy. The GBC provides colleagues from across the Aon network with access to specialist brokers and client managers, dedicated client solutions and thought leadership, and significant global insurance capacity.
The GBC works with network colleagues to deliver market-leading solutions to Aon clients, creating a competitive advantage in our placement strategies worldwide.
About the Role
Your impact as a Technical Director:
- Produce and/or review all SPS contracts to ensure they meet MRC requirements and that all expiring endorsements and amendments are incorporated;
- Ensure team’s ability to create SPS contracts including upskilling as appropriate
- Work with the Wordings Clauses & Template (WCT) team to ensure all SPS templates are maintained and used for all SPS contracts
- Provide technical advice to team and business units
- Take an active part (by attending all meetings fully prepared and communicating meeting outcomes to the team) in:
- GBC Best Practice Groups
- GBC Brokasure Improvement Group
- Market association groups e.g. BOLT, as appropriate
- Build and maintain close working relationship with:
- Compliance and Legal (referring items as appropriate)
- Wordings, Clauses & Templates (WCT) (in relation to wording, clause and template development)
- SPS owners in business units
- Insurers as appropriate
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of any market developments in relation to SPS
- Maintain and monitor SPS renewal list and agree timelines for renewal activities with BU SPS owners
- Liaise with BU SPS owners to ensure SPS SharePoint site is up to date and accurate to support the required monthly KPI and compliance reporting
- Manage the SPS governance process to ensure all SPS are signed off in accordance with the GBC review process
- Maintain all Lloyds Coverholder systems e.g. BARS, Atlas, Lineage
- Lead regular team meetings with the SPS Technicians
- Provide training, coaching and/or mentoring for SPS Technicians and support career development to SPS Technical Specialist
- Provide day to day leadership of Portfolio Solutions Governance / Technical colleagues based in GBC Chelmsford hub
- Manage the transactional service for all SPS including but not limited to: timely FDO signing, accurate and efficient Brokasure set-up; accurate and timely bordereau processing; allocation of funds; resolution of accounting issues; timely payment to insurers; maintain oversight of EPI limits
- Drive operational improvement by implementing streamlined processes and technology to automate repetitive activities and drive value-added tasks e.g DA SATS/Tide; Exari; Brokasure best practice/robotics
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Degree or other further education preferred
- Professional business qualification
- Operational Management experience
- Technical binder & line slip knowledge & experience
- Management experience
- Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application