Governance and Complaints Analyst
Aon are currently recruiting a Governance and Complaints Analyst to join our team in Farnborough or Chelmsford. The Governance and Complaints Analyst will be primarily responsible for coordinating, undertaking and supporting governance activities in accordance with the requirements of Aon’s own internal policies and procedures and those of its regulators. Another key function will be to provide support to the Complaints Manager in ensuring adherence to Aon’s Complaints Policy.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Governance and Complaints Analyst:
- Providing support to colleagues across ARS and GBC in the implementation, monitoring and improvement of regulatory outcomes including involvement in, and timely response to, specific project initiatives.
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the overall governance process, ensuring the agreed framework is being adhered to and that agreed outputs are monitored to ensure they meet the required standards for internal and external audit, regulatory and compliance.
- Ensure that the reasons for systemic shortfalls against agreed operational KPI thresholds are investigated and escalated where necessary; making sure that non-compliance is followed up and escalated where necessary.
- Provide support to the Complaints Manager in ensuring adherence to Aon’s Complaints Policy.
- Assist with the oversight of the individual Conduct Risk/Conflict of Interest reporting and submission to the relevant Business Execs.
- Monitor the use of Third Parties as needed, ensuring that all approvals are submitted in a timely manner and provide support to the business as required.
- Assist in the approvals of Financial Promotions.
- Assist with the coordination of E&O trend analysis and dissemination of lessons learned supporting the quarterly E&O Governance processes.
- Assist with the coordination of management responses and actions arising from compliance assurance reviews, internal audits and Conduct Risk/Conflict of Interest reporting, ensuring that all matters of significance are monitored and tracked through to completion.
- Monitoring and other activities as needed to ensure that the business units understand governance requirements in key areas.
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Cert CII or working towards.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Commercial understanding of business and the insurance market.
- General understanding of key insurance principles and practice.
- Understanding of regularity complaints requirements
- Knowledge and understanding of FCA regulations
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.