Client Manager – Corporate Risks (Chelmsford, UK)
Aon is currently recruiting a Client Manager to join our National Corporate team in Chelmsford. The Client Manager is the key contact between the Client and Commercial Insurance. The Client Manager is responsible for co-ordinating and managing the provision of service to their clients, drawing upon designated service teams, and specialist resources, including those from other Divisions.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of 66,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
- As a Client Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Manage the service provided to clients by Commercial Insurance and those to whom we subcontract elements of service. Ensure the highest level of service to each assigned client in line with the agreed client service tools
- Identify and introduce Aon’s products and services to meet the client’s needs and understand and communicate each Client’s business issues and needs to the service team and other parts of Aon
- Build client relationships with key decision-makers
- Grow the revenue and profitability of his/her client portfolio. Meet annual revenue target for this portfolio
- Comply with regulatory requirements and business procedures, and any other standards or requirements as communicated
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Client Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- ACII or equivalent
- proven experience in the insurance industry with experience in client relationship management.
- Experience within the core lines of commercial risks is essential.
- Experience managing large corporate insurance risks or public sector insurance experience is desirable but not essential.
- Technical Insurance knowledge
- Commercial understanding of business, i.e. market forces, business drivers, etc.
- Good understanding of client business and risk issues
- Understanding of the insurance market dynamics and key players
- Programme design
- Knowledge of Aon products and services
- Client relationship management
- Fee setting, negotiation, influencing
- Effective communicator/ presenter
- Sales skills
- Consultative approach
- Self-disciplined and organised
- Achievement and results focused
- Client focused
- Commitment to excellence relative to the provision of client service
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.