Employee Relations Consultant
Epsom OR St Albans
Aon are currently recruiting a Employee Relations Advisor to join our team in St Albans OR Epsom for a 12 months FTC. The Employee Relations Advisor will provide practical, hands on, commercial advice and support in respect of all Employee Relations (ER) case issues, including for example; business change initiatives, grievances, disciplinaries, performance, capability, consultation (individual and collective), absence (short term, long term and adjustments), agreed exits including settlement agreements; reviewing and amending policies and procedures.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of 59,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
About the Role
Your impact as a Employee Relations Advisor:
- Oversee a wide variety of cases at any one time, ensuring they are completed to a high standard and in a timely fashion
- Provide sound ER advice to business managers and HRBP’s on a day to day basis
- Oversee employee consultation, redeployment or termination of employment through TUPE and redundancy exercises
- Use coaching and influencing skills to ensure the right outcome is achieved in each case to minimise risk whilst maximising business results
- Advise the business in the understanding, ownership and application of all aspects of employment legislation, procedural compliance and best practice
- Recognise the need and provide appropriate levels of support where there is a high risk case
- Accurately interpret changes in legislation and codes of practice to ensure the business follows best practice and operates within the parameters of employment law and regulatory requirements
- Support managed exits, conversations and negotiations, draft and finalise settlement agreements
- Use high level communication skills with confidence, having the ability to communicate very complex issues simply so they are understood
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented consistently and that the core values of the business are upheld
- Develop effective and credible relationships with the business to promote good employee relations across the business
- Monitor and analyse trends of activity and proactively propose remedial action/policy changes to correct and improve employee understanding and management of employee relations issues
- Ensure familiarity with Aon policies and procedures enabling quick and accurate advice to be given to managers
- Contribute to the development of Aon’s employment brand through engagement with the business managers and HRBP’s
- Deliver an effective internal ER consultancy, remaining focused on adding value to the business and maximising the effectiveness of Aon colleagues
- Assist the Head of Employee Relations in development of a proactive ER agenda, project work, knowledge sharing and professional development activities and day to day tasks
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Excellent technical Employee Relations and Employment Law knowledge gained through employee relations, generalist experience or through relevant experience in a management or legal role
- Experience of ER case management and working in partnership with business managers.
- Proven commercial approach with a good understanding of business needs
- Passionate about customer service
- Experience of coaching and influencing line managers
- Good communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and manage workload to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly and accurately interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Ability to establish credibility quickly by building effective working relationships
- Solution focused with good problem solving abilities
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application