Client Manager – National Corporate
Aon are currently recruiting a Client Manager to join our National Corporate team based in Birmingham. The Client Manager will be primarily responsible for identifying Client’s risk needs and utilising the best of Aon’s wider offering to design and deliver a profitable Scope of Service Agreement, for their portfolio of accounts.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About Aon National
National provides risk solutions to businesses across a large number of sectors within the UK. Typically, clients will be either a national or a multinational company, with a presence in no more than 10 overseas territories; they will be looking for a local relationship with their broker, with face to face visits. When working with a client, the National team tends to deal directly at executive level, including CEOs and CFOs.
National clients typically require bespoke insurance programmes and associated risk management and risk transfer services. Besides being the insurance broker, National provides clients with a claims service and advice on risk management.
The National team works with businesses from across most industries, with specialisms in real estate, public sector, food and drink and retail and wholesale.
About the Role
As a Client Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Manage the service provided to clients by Corporate and those to whom we subcontract elements of service.
- Ensure the highest level of service to each assigned client in line with the agreed client service tools.
- Identify each client’s service requirements and manage the client service team to ensure service meets agree standards.
- Manage client expectations: keeping them informed of progress and communicating with them as appropriate, and taking appropriate and timely action to identify and correct problems.
- Ensure delivery to highest standard using best practice processes and conducting regular reviews with clients through Client Promise, issuing meeting minutes promptly after meetings.
- Maintain client files in accordance with agreed procedures, keeping records complete, accurate and up to date.
- Identify and introduce Aon’s products and services to meet the client’s needs and understand and communicate each Client’s business issues and needs to the service team and other parts of Aon.
- Build and maintain a good understanding of each client’s business including financial performance, objectives, market perception, products and services, management structure and key personnel.
- Build and maintain a good understanding of each client’s industry including general industry issues and cycles and the client’s market position and competitors.
- Ensure that each client’s risks are identified and appropriate risk and insurance solutions are provided.
- Identify the client’s other needs and match Aon solutions to those needs where appropriate. Hold blue sheet exercises as appropriate, utilising GRIP benchmarking data.
- Maintain Client Promise Plans.
- Identify the clients’ existing relationships with Aon and work with them as a “One Aon” team to share information, co-ordinate approach and deliver synergies.
- Communicate client and industry knowledge to the service team, other parts of Aon and to insurers as appropriate in conjunction with Client Service Advisors and Brokers.
- Hold regular team briefings on each client’s business and risk issues.
- Update the team on key issues following client meetings, providing copy meeting minutes.
- Build client relationships with key decision-makers.
- Identify the key decision-makers and facilitate relationships between these individuals and the appropriate Aon personnel.
- Develop and maintain information on key contact’s style, preferences and other details as appropriate.
- Keep client advised of key issues, including insurance market trends, changes in legislation and new and innovative products and services.
- Act as dual servicer for other client managers as required and ensure dual serving on own clients where appropriate.
- Grow the revenue and profitability of his/her client portfolio.
- Meet annual revenue target for this portfolio.
- Identify and monitor the cost of providing service, having the confidence to charge clients for additional work.
- Ensure that complete and accurate time records are maintained by whole service team using the division’s time recording system, to understand and manage client profitability.
- Calculate target fees using the Aon Pricing System/RAN Tool and negotiate acceptable fee with each client.
- Develop plans to achieve profitability on all clients and agree actions with Client Management Director.
- Identify services outside the SoSA and negotiate additional fees.
- Ensure payment is made by clients within agreed timescales/Aon’s credit control standards.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and business procedures, and any other standards or requirements as communicated.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Ensure all agreed practices and tools are actively and consistently applied.
- Lead by example by ensuring own activity complies with regulatory requirements and business procedures.
As a Client Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- ACII or equivalent, preferred.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Commercial understanding of business – market forces Understanding the insurance market dynamics
- Strong technical knowledge in all major and pecuniary classes
- High level of knowledge of Aon products, services and systems (such as AonLine and GRIP) – desirable
- Good negotiating, listening and communication skills.
- Strong sales skills.
- Adaptable, focussed and self-disciplined.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application