Employee Relations Analyst
Aon are currently recruiting an Employee Relations Analyst to join our team in St Albans.
The role will provide practical, commercial advice and support in respect of Employee Relations (ER) cases dealt with by HR Connect Consultants, focusing primarily on performance, absence, flexible working and probation cases. In addition the successful candidate would develop their skills by working with and supporting Consultants with more complex cases and change management initiatives. Some administrative support would be required to support the wider ER team.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
Your impact as a Employee Relations Analyst:
- Manage a wide variety of straight forward cases at any one time, ensuring they are completed to a high standard and in a timely fashion and support Consultants with more complex cases,
- Use coaching and influencing skills to ensure the right outcome is achieved in each case to minimise risk whilst maximising business results, seeking input from Consultants if cases become more complex in nature,
- Provide sound ER advice in interpretation of policy to colleagues, business managers and HRBP’s on a day to day basis,
- Support the co-ordination and management of collective and individual employee consultation processes with drafting letters and providing redundancy calculations,
- Recognise the need and provide appropriate levels of support/onward referral where there is a high-risk case,
- Draft employee relations documents, paying attention to detail in relation to terms, conditions and requirements per templates,
- Use high level communication skills with confidence, having the ability to communicate issues simply so they are understood,
- Ensure policies and procedures are implemented consistently and that the core values of the business are upheld,
- Develop effective and credible relationships with the team, HR colleagues and the business to promote good employee relations across the business,
- Monitor and analyse trends of activity and proactively propose remedial action/policy changes to correct and improve employee understanding and management of employee relations issues,
- Ensure familiarity with Aon policies and procedures enabling quick and accurate advice to be given to managers and colleagues,
- Contribute to the development of Aon’s employment brand through engagement with the business managers and HRBP’s,
- Assist the wider HR Connect team in development of a proactive ER agenda, project work, knowledge sharing and professional development activities and day to day tasks,
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your knowledge and expertise:
- Some technical Employee Relations and Employment Law knowledge
- Experience of ER cases
- Strong commercial approach with a good understanding of business needs
- Passionate about customer service
- Good communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment and manage workload to deliver to tight deadlines
- Ability to clearly and accurately interpret and communicate relevant and complex information
- Ability to establish credibility quickly by building effective working relationships
- Solution focus with good problem solving abilities,
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday. We also offer tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.