Operations Manager – Global Benefits
Aon are currently recruiting an Operations Manager to join our Global Benefits team either as a homebased worker or based in Farnborough. The successful candidate will support the achievement of plans and help to build platform for growth and continuous improvement in our Global Benefits business.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As an Operations Manager – some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Help drive operational effectiveness within the business through the creation and delivery of short and long-term operational strategies.
- Help manage the interface between the Business Unit and Operations.
- Build effective relationships with business leaders to ensure operational issues are resolved and key management activities are completed.
- Work with Operational and Business Unit leadership to develop meaningful metrics.
- Help identify strategies to drive efficiency, improve margin and resource utilisation across the business.
- Help ensure appropriate access and usage of core systems or applications which produce data that is meaningful to the development of future client or market propositions or solutions.
- Help ensure effective business continuity planning is in place for the Business Unit.
- Assist and manage unforeseen operational issues and events effectively and within a timely fashion to reduce risk e.g. investigations, control failures.
- Help to ensure that processes, policies, procedures and measures are in place for monitoring and maintaining standards of business conduct consistent with the legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the FCA Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK and corporate policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of the Company.
- Build the annual revenue forecast and maintain a client by client revenue forecast file
- Submit monthly forecasts and provide monthly MI on reasons for variance in performance versus expectation
- Face off to Finance stakeholders in regard to all Finance reporting related topics
- Lead the remainder of the PS9.0 implementation project and provide support to project team and engage with other stakeholders
- Track WIP, debt and intercompany situation with the team and ensure it improves / stabilises
- Play a leading role to ensure time tracking is implemented for our GBOR clients. Take the lead in providing quarterly MI so that we can understand time spent and profitability of major clients. Align this process / reporting to what is already in place in the US
- Project lead (with work done by client consultants) to improve data quality in GI.
- Project lead for SFDC maintenance by client consultants. Ensure that SFDC is up to date on quarterly basis.
- Represent consulting / coordination in the compliance / risk register work.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Knowledge and Skills
- Enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills, who is capable of influencing and promoting initiatives through effective communication with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong understanding of and experience of change management principles and approaches.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and information gathering skills. Ability to determine pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions; ensuring that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occurs in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel skills
- A track record of operating successfully in a regulated environment and with a good understanding of risk management, legal and compliance issues.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.