We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Business Analyst to join our new Cardiff office in the centre of the city.
This role is an exciting opportunity for the successful individual to support the co-ordination and execution of Aon UK Affinity’s Business Operations policy; ensuring that operational initiatives and best practice are uniformly implemented across the business.
You will work with the Head of Business Operations and local leadership teams to ensure that all business change activities are embedded in a timely, efficient way resulting in BAU working practices
Your impact as a Business Analyst
- Input in to the development, gaining agreement to, and direct the uniform implementation of robust, compliant, operational plans, practices and processes across Aon UK Affinity
- Support and where appropriate lead business operational change programmes, provide direction to on and off shore teams and work with branch leaders to ensure timely implementation with no adverse business impact
- Support the establishment of and then monitoring of a robust, practical governance framework to underpin operational excellence
- Ensure the operational aspects of client requirements are fully met and treating customers fairly is embedded into day to day working practices, while complying with internal and external regulatory requirements
- Ensure that appropriate business process measurements and protocols are in place to monitor the operational performance of all areas of the business. Analyse working practices, trends, reports and make recommendations to senior management
- Be responsible for the delivery of reports/bordereau in line with business and external timescales.
- Ensure that processes and measures are in place for monitoring and maintaining standards of business conduct, which are consistent with Aon UK Affinity best practice. Ensure all internal and external compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Work with Team Managers to ensure operational KPIs are being met throughout the customer lifecycle (inc fiduciary)
- Work with Branch Directors to assist in ensuring robust performance management and training
- Where required lead the review of current operational processes across Aon UK Affinity to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Actively participate in regular business operations meetings to ensure issues are highlighted and recommendations for improvements are communicated
You bring knowledge and expertise
- Experience in delivering front office business operational improvement initiatives and supporting BAU activities in the SME and/or consumer environments
- Working knowledge of FCA regulation relating to insurance broking, with a track record of successful application of that knowledge in the consumer and SME environments
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Some experience of delivery of projects, new working practices and change initiatives in front and back office
- Some experience of project managing the implementation of business operational initiatives to improve business performance and in developing and sharing best practice
- Good problem solving, analytical and numerical skills
- Capable of building and maintaining relationships well across organisational levels and influence key stakeholders
- Enthusiastic team player with good relationship and empathy building skills who Selling reasons for change / plans across a diverse range of relationships
- Commercial understanding of business i.e. market forces, business drivers etc.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.