Aon are currently recruiting a Healthcare Consultant to join our team in Farnborough. The Consultant - Risk and/or Healthcare will be primarily responsible for working as part of the risk and/or healthcare London consulting team. To be responsible for the administration, consultancy and revenue for a portfolio of corporate clients.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Healthcare Consultant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with clients. Understand client needs and design/deliver relevant solutions that meet these needs.
- Liaison with Broking CofE to instruct insurers/providers in placement of insurance that best meet the needs of your clients.
- Dealing with client queries with support as appropriate.
- Be responsible for the profitability of your clients by ensuring that current revenue is sufficient to deliver work expected by the client.
- Grow revenue on existing book of business in accordance with business targets.
- Create new opportunities for other areas of AEB & ARS.
- Accurately maintain records on our client databases.
- Achieve technical competency as required; maintain appropriate technical knowledge through relevant reading, events and provider training.
- Assist team with client work as required.
- Accurate recording of revenue on financial systems, including renegotiations of client contracts.
- Meet client working capital requirements by ensuring fee invoices are issued and settled promptly and commission is received correctly from providers.
- Deliver, or help to deliver, Client Promise to all relevant clients.
- Ensure that clients are kept up to date with relevant Aon propositions and initiatives.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Healthcare Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- GCSE or A Level Standard.
- Achieved or studying towards professional qualifications such as GR1, IF1, IF7 etc.
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience of portfolio management, and client delivery, including being comfortable delivering reports to clients and conducting f2f meetings with all types of client contacts.
- Experience of working within the Group Risk and/or Healthcare market, and a competent knowledge of Group Risk and/or Healthcare.
- Experience working with the following corporate insurance products: Income Protection, Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Personal Accident, Private Medical, Dental, Travel, Health Screens and any other relevant others.
- Ability to work within a team of consultants to co-ordinate client activity and drive revenue growth.
- Knowledge of Aon propositions and SPSs.
- Understanding of revenue recognition process and how to ensure that clients remain profitable. Comfortable working in a sales organization with revenue targets.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.