Associate Pensions Consultant (Nationwide, UK)
Aon are seeking Associate Pensions Consultants to join our pension advisory teams in one of our nationwide offices in either Glasgow, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, St Albans, London, Epsom or Bristol. You will be primarily responsible for effectively contributing to the overall delivery of exceptional client service, either directly or in support of senior team members.
Your impact as an Associate Pensions Consultant
- Provide expert, timely, efficient and professional delivery of service using the appropriate available resources for each client.
• Have an in-depth understanding of the employee benefits environment and Aon Hewitt’s propositions.
• Identify revenue/income growth opportunities within client portfolio in conjunction with Client Managers.
• Build strong relationships with each client alongside Client Managers.
• Produce and deliver clear and accurate internal and client correspondence, reports, papers etc. including advice.
• Develop a clear insight into the business strategy of your client portfolio and assist Client Managers and Actuaries in developing and maintaining development plans for each client
• To effectively influence and negotiate with other teams both internal and external through development of working relationships to ensure client commitments are met.
• To actively participate in team meetings (including technical meetings) keeping others updated on developments, providing feedback following discussions and involving others in identifying service improvements where appropriate.
• Take responsibility for the production (quality, timeliness and budget) of work for allocated clients (i.e. account management).
• Play an active part in service delivery as part of the client service team.
• Responsible for the prompt escalation of issues, e.g. retention challenges, development opportunities to Client Manager.
• Take part in setting and negotiating fees where appropriate with the Actuary/Client Manager.
• Ensure appropriate legislative, regulatory, business, practice and professional standards are followed.
• Responsible for billing clients appropriately.
• Regularly attend client meetings for personal development purposes and to support the Actuary/Client Manager.
• Be aware of key competitors in our market.
• To attend and support local and national Sales & Marketing initiatives.
• Progress professional qualifications and be responsible for own development including attendance of appropriate training programmes.
• Ensure Aon Hewitt’s financial management protocols are adhered to.
You bring skills & expertise
- Relevant industry knowledge and or consulting knowledge coupled with sound technical capability.
- Ability to deliver effective client service to multiple clients within agreed financial and time budgets.
- Experience/track record in relationship management
- Good knowledge of Aon’s products, people and tools / willingness to learn these
- Good understanding of Employee Benefits / Occupational Pension provision
We’re happy to talk flexible working.
If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organisation. Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria