Aon are currently recruiting a Senior Auditor to join our team in London. The Senior Auditor will be primarily responsible for participating in audit projects of Aon business units to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls in both design and application, performing and/or assisting in corporate investigations, ad-hoc special projects and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance activities and completing audit projects performed in any location.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Senior Auditor some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Participating in audits evaluating the adequacy of controls for Aon business units and/or key business processes
- Completing audit test procedures
- Communicating audit findings noted from the review to the Audit Project Manager / Senior Audit Manager, andAssisting the Senior Audit Manager and Audit Project Manager in the development of an audit approach
- Testing strategy for assigned audit projects to ensure all key business risks and controls are evaluated
- Making, or assisting in making oral and written presentations to management throughout and at the conclusion of the examination by discussing process and control deficiencies, recommending corrective actions and other suggestions for improvements in operations and/or reductions in costs
- As required, providing assistance to external auditors during their interim and annual reviews of the company
- As a global resource, participating in audit assignments as required in any location
- Being responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
As a Senior Auditor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management within the company
- Basic knowledge and understanding of internal auditing standards and techniques as well as general accounting methods, principles and practices
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- The ability to focus on details and perform all required functions timely and with accuracy
- Overall proficiency with personal computers, including experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.