Claims Management Executive – Central Region
Aon are currently recruiting a Claims Management Executive to join our team in Birmingham covering our Central region. The Claims Management Executive will advise and support clients on any claims related issue, maximising any insurance claims recovery, minimising any delay and ensuring the strength and depth of Aon’s resources and relationships are available to benefit the client.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Claims Management Executive some of your key responsibilities will involve;
Articulate the ARS claims value proposition and the benefits to the client of Aon’s services and capability.
- Understand and agree what claims services and capabilities the client will require and coordinate with Aon Claims and related teams accordingly.
- Involvement in pricing discussions for existing clients and new business presentations.
- Validate CM/Sales promises, if made independently of CME/ ARS Claims.
- Ascertain and document the client’s claims demands, needs and priorities.
- Documenting services purchased by way of Scope of Service Agreements.
- Agree and set up claims reporting and handling procedures with client, insurer and Aon claims centres.
- Prepare and issue claims procedure guides to clients to cover all classes of claims being handled.
- Target a minimum of 80% of available time to client value activity. Demonstrated by recording a minimum target of 1,200 client billable hours in Activity Tracker.
- Coordination and Proactive management of Claims Review meetings with Client and Insurer as appropriate ensuring meeting is outcome driven. Provide meaningful insight on insurer’s willingness to pay claims.
- Challenge reserves, track insurer performance against SLA’s, identify claims patterns and issue reports and guidance accordingly both internally and externally. Consider the use of TPA’s based upon Aon Buying Club panel and seek opportunities to utilise the Aon Procurement and Audit Services.
- Organise and attend internal CMAP meetings.
- Seek interim payments with insurers and loss adjusters where appropriate, paying particular attention to existing Insurer SLA commitments.
- First line approach on negotiation with insurers and loss adjusters on any disputed or contentious claim including declinature, reservation of rights and any other such issues.
- Escalate any contentious matters to manager.
- Provide updates on any legal, case law and market changes internally and to clients as appropriate.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of ARS Claims Service Proposition.
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Claims Management Executive your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Experience of dealing with Commercial Insurance claims, to include Property, Casualty, Motor and PI
- Relationship management experience.
- Strong Presentation skills
- Studying for CII or equivalent or other relevant work based experience.
- Entrepreneurial attituded
- Knowledge of Insurer markets, insurance programmes and global placements.
- Commitment to study and ascertain Aon Claims Management Diploma status.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.