Operations Assistant - Reinsurance / Insurance
Aon are currently recruiting an Operations Assistant to join our team in London. The Operations Assistant will be primarily responsible for a variety of operational duties, assisting with the development and execution of policy and best practice in relation to International business Reinsurance business. The successful candidate will the support achievement of plans and help to build platform for growth and continuous improvement in our business.
As a key member of the Operational team they will:
- Assist in ensuring the Business Unit delivers and continuously improves upon its key operational, compliance and risk measures.
- Be responsible for collating and analysing data, to provide monthly reports to the Business Unit Leaders
- Works effectively with senior leaders elsewhere within the organisation (e.g. Finance and Human Resources).
- Support development of the strategy and implementation plans with Business and Operational Leadership.
- Assist in change management and operational improvement or process re-engineering
- Personally support the Business Unit Leaders in the execution of key activities, which are of strategic or financial importance to the firm (e.g. supporting and monitoring Learning & Development initiatives)
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As an Operations Assistant – some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Help drive operational effectiveness within the business through the creation and delivery of short and long-term operational strategies.
- Help manage the interface between the Business Unit and Operations.
- Build effective relationships with business leaders to ensure operational issues are resolved and key management activities are completed.
- Work with Operational and Business Unit leadership to develop meaningful metrics.
- Help identify strategies to drive efficiency, improve margin and resource utilisation across the business.
- Ensure clear location and utilisation plans are in place and future needs considered and communicated.
- Help ensure appropriate access and usage of core systems or applications which produce data that is meaningful to the development of future client or market propositions or solutions.
- Help ensure effective business continuity planning is in place for the Business Unit.
- Assist and manage unforeseen operational issues and events effectively and within a timely fashion to reduce risk e.g. investigations, control failures.
- Help to ensure that processes, policies, procedures and measures are in place for monitoring and maintaining standards of business conduct consistent with the legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the FCA Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK and corporate policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of the Company.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the Lloyd’s market
- Enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills, who is capable of influencing and promoting initiatives through effective communication with colleagues at all levels.
- Strong understanding of and experience of change management principles and approaches.
- Excellent analytical, numerical and information gathering skills. Ability to determine pertinent information required by management to make effective decisions; ensuring that the gathering, processing, distribution and use of this information occurs in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
- Ability to motivate, coach and develop staff, with evidence of proactive management of performance issues.
- Good understanding of the (Re)Insurance Industry.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications, especially Excel skills
- A track record of operating successfully in a regulated environment and with a good understanding of risk management, legal and compliance issues.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.