International Retirement Mobility Lead
Aon Hewitt are currently recruiting a International Retirement Mobility Lead to join our team in London. The International Retirement Mobility Lead will be primarily responsible for wining and leading the delivery of projects and ongoing appointments to multinational corporations on various aspects of their DC and DB retirement and other benefit plans throughout the world especially in connection with the governance, design, financing, taxation, investment and operation of those plans, and the international mobility of their employees.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organisations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organisational and personal performance and growth, navigate risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a International Retirement Mobility Lead some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Core focus areas include statutory and voluntary global DC and DB retirement and benefit plan design, financing, tax, investment, strategy and ongoing governance, and retirement and benefit issues related to international mobility, M&A and other business integrations/separations.
- Uses own technical international retirement and benefits knowledge and experience to manage and help lead multinational client relationships and proactively advise clients on all aspects in the management of their retirement and other benefit plans around the world.
- Overall lead for most projects, working with a Partner as needed to deliver strategic advice while working off own initiative. Expected to work closely with local Aon business units globally and broader Aon business units to bring the best of Aon to our clients.
- Takes full responsibility for project delivery and delegates tasks to more junior team members and coaches less experienced colleagues.
- Ensures quality by reviewing work and manages deadlines effectively
- Takes active responsibility in new business development both on their own initiative and by combining with more senior colleagues in the UK and globally
- Takes responsibility for the development and roll-out of various strategic initiatives
- Understands and reflects in practice Aon's vision, approach to client care, the development of individuals and all values and cultural aspects of Aon.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon Hewitt Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a International Retirement Mobility Lead your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Skills and qualifications:
- Education to degree level
- Likely to have full or partial professional qualification (actuarial, CFA, PMI, or equivalent).
- May have passed IEBA international benefits diploma
- Previous experience of working in an international retirement/benefits team for another global consulting organisation; and/or
- Previous experience working in-house for a multinational corporation and being responsible for the design and delivery of regional or global retirement and benefit plans; and/or
- Previous experience at a provider, such as an asset manager or insurer.
- Experience working both in and outside of the UK can be beneficial
- Proven ability to deliver good-quality retirement and benefits consulting advice to multinational corporations, and liaise with internal stakeholders, and to lead a multi-country team having regard to cultural differences
- Demonstrate ability to both sell and deliver international retirement services to multinational corporations, and manage complex global relationships.
- Strong general knowledge of employer sponsored DC and DB retirement and benefit plans around the world with regard to design, operation, financing, and tax
- Appreciation for differences in social security, retirement and other benefits globally
- More detailed knowledge in a number of areas of international retirement (eg M&A, internationally mobile employees (including tax), benefit audits, governance and strategy design and implementation, new plan implementation, plan settlement, cross-border pension financing)
Aon Leadership Model - Unmatched Teams
- Develops short and long-term talent plans
- Fosters culture of teamwork and diversity
- Establishes motivating goals and objectives to team members that are aligned with business objectives
- Differentiates performance and compensation rewards
- Identifies qualified successors for key leadership roles. Actively engages team members in career development discussions
Aon Leadership Model – Innovation
- Recognized as a thought leader in business unit or region
- Leverages organisational and market best practices
- Aggressively seeks ways to innovate
Aon Leadership Model - Business Results
- Establishes short and long term organic revenue and profit growth and other non-financial goals that meet or exceeds overall Aon wide goals
- Regularly delivers against establish goals that meet or exceed Aon wide goals
- Positions business for long term success through short and medium term investments designed to maintain/enhance business’ position in the market
Aon Leadership Model – Values
- Demonstrates high ethical standards
- Discusses benefits of understanding compliance issues with colleagues
- Embraces change, fosters adaptability of colleagues and flexibility of organization
- Keeps client’s needs ahead of own personal gain
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application