Lead Recruitment Business Partner
Aon are currently recruiting a Lead Recruitment Business Partner to join our team in Farnborough, Chelmsford or Homebased. The Lead Recruitment Business Partner will be primarily responsible for managing the Talent Acquisition (TA) team for Aon’s corporate services business division (ASC), with a key focus on reducing cost, ensuring line manager awareness and improved capability, improving the recruitment process and candidate experience, extending and building Aon’s employer brand, and driving an inclusive attraction and selection process to drive greater diversity of hires. Working as a strategic partner to business leaders and line HR to drive consultative recruitment with a keen eye on workforce planning and proactive pipelining for critical skills.
The ASC division includes but is not limited to Legal, Finance, IT, HR, Marketing, Risk, Compliance, Operations and Procurement.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Lead Recruitment Business Partner some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Work with the HR Director and HRBPs to improve resource planning for the business division and use plans for creation of talent pools.
- Work with HR Director/HRBPs and business leaders to understand the talent acquisition priorities in the business division and create and implement plans to support them.
- Ensure recruitment strategy and processes are fully understood and hold regular meetings with hiring managers to embed them into the business.
- Create metrics and ensure RBPs are accountable for sharing data with the business and using data to work with the business to recruit more effectively and reduce costs.
Drive team performance and engagement
- Manage divisional recruitment team providing coaching and feedback to ensure the team are continually developed and focused on client service.
- Provide direction to the divisional team by setting goals and regularly measuring performance, providing feedback and guidance where necessary.
- Coach and develop RBPs and wider team through regular development planning conversations, feedback and coaching and access to opportunities. Be a role model across the team.
- Ensure the team are adhering to compliance requirements/ Aon University Modules completed within designated time frames.
- Provide clear and timely feedback where performance issues arise and take actions as appropriate.
- Support team and hold team members accountable for implementing tools, ulitising TA Hub and GARC for administrational support, reducing costs and for implementing consultative recruitment in their business areas.
Drive an effective sourcing strategy
- Work smart, utilise and promote other appropriate and available channels to source direct candidates
- Utilise the TA Hub for all interview arranging and confirming activity to free up time to concentrate on direct sourcing / value add activities.
- Support and promote recruitment activity in regards to market hires, employee referrals and internal candidates.
- Engage directly (1 on 1) with PSL agencies. Work with hiring managers to ensure compliance to the PSL and to reduce Non-PSL spend.
- Reduce reliance on agencies and focus on non-agency recruitment methods and contribute to an overall agency usage goal of 15% across the board.
Diversity and Inclusion
- Encourage managers to consider a wide cross of diverse candidates and get them to think about flexible working and job sharing.
- Ensure managers are using interview packs / templates to maintain a consistent approach and ensuring that we are assessing purely on skills and experience.
- Keep up to date on latest developments in D&I in recruitment externally, and bring knowledge to own role and team to drive more inclusive processes and diverse hiring.
- Participate actively in internal D&I activities, working in partnership with BRGs to expand own network and increase reach of recruitment processes to a broader pool of talent.
- Support Talent Acquisition Leader to implement projects as required.
- Stay up to date with laws relating to recruitment. Ensure these are being fully applied to the recruitment process in all areas we operate in to mitigate risks to the business.
- Using ATS to assist, provide timely feedback to all candidates throughout the recruitment work-flow / at every stage where necessary.
- Understand, identify, assess, report and control any relevant risks and issues that are material to the performance of Aon, in accordance with the Aon Ltd Risk Management Framework (processes and procedures) and compliance with the Aon Ltd Enterprise Risk and Regulatory policies.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Lead Recruitment Business Partner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified to a degree level or equivalen.
- Proven track record delivering in-house recruitment within a corporate environment.
- Extensive best practice recruitment and sourcing experience.
- Results orientated with excellent influencing and communication skills.
- Project management exposure.
- Line management experience.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.