Recruitment Business Partner
Aon are currently recruiting a Recruitment Business Partner to join our team in Farnborough, Chelmsford or Homebased. The Recruitment Business Partner will be primarily responsible for a division of Aon Risk Solutions; partnering with HR and the divisional hiring managers to deliver an effective and inclusive recruitment and onboarding process, taking full ownership of the end to end resourcing process, with a key focus on reducing cost, improving the candidate screening and quality, ensuring hiring manager awareness and identifying opportunities for further resourcing process efficiencies going forward.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Recruitment Business Partner some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Hiring Manager Awareness:
- Partner with the HRBPs and business stakeholders to ensure that Resource Planning is in evidence for the business division; utilise outputs of talent review to drive proactive pipelining for critical skills
- Hold regular meetings with hiring managers and business stakeholder to discuss operational recruitment updates and strategic updates
- Identify other ways to promote the resourcing process and service offered through regular update meetings
- Work in partnership with the hiring managers to create effective, high quality role profiles including person specifications, utilising job description decoder and other tools as relevant to encourage diverse applications
- Conduct surveys and research to establish suitable advertising opportunities and advertise all roles in most appropriate media, including internally and Aon careers site.
- Encourage social sharing of opportunities and coach managers to utilise their social media networks.
- Partner with employer branding to ensure appropriate visuals, content and strategies to reach the desired diverse target audience.
- Conduct CV mining on appropriate job boards to identify direct candidates.
- Embrace and utilise sourcing tools available. Promote the Employee Referral Scheme and manage candidates through this source.
- Partner with agencies to source candidates where necessary
Conduct and facilitate screening and selection:
- Partner with managers to agree job specific screening questions for the application form and telephone / video interviews, with an eye to D&I and unconscious bias.
- Screen all applications and conduct telephone interviews, assessing candidates’ general suitability for the role.
- Work with the scheduling team to schedule face to face or live video interviews with hiring managers.
- Ensure a positive candidate experience throughout the process.
- Ensure adherence to compliance requirements – e.g. completion of pre-screening questions, raise flags to compliance in a timely manner and follow through to resolution.
Offer and Onboarding co-ordination:
- Work in partnership with the on-boarding team and the hiring manager to co-ordinate the offer process to ensure candidates get accurate and attractive offers quickly.
- Initiate background checks and follow up completion, ensuring checks come back cleared prior to start date.
- Stay in regular contact with candidates and managers throughout the process to ensure smooth recruitment
- Ensure all relevant technology is fully utilised, and embrace new functionality
- Ensure all information accurately reflected in Applicant Tracking System so source information is accurately recorded and reported on.
- Utilise MI effectively with stakeholders to demonstrate TA impact and opportunities for further action.
Diversity & Inclusion:
- Be a role model in D&I within TA and the wider HR team and business area.
- Actively seek opportunities to target a more diverse applicant pool, utilising tools and resources available.
- Coach managers on inclusive recruitment practices; utilise strategies to reduce unconscious bias in the screening and selection process.
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
As a Recruitment Business Partner your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Good knowledge of relevant business area – insurance or wider financial services
- Extensive best practice recruitment and onboarding experience
- Extensive knowledge of recruitment systems
- Sourcing experience
- Results orientation, influencing and communication skills
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application