Global Benefits Consultant
Aon are currently recruiting a Global Benefits Consultant to join our team in London. The Global Benefits Consultant will be primarily responsible for advising global and/or regional sponsors on all aspects of employee benefits, as well as introducing and coordinating local, in-country Aon appointments as part of a global/regional mandate.
The role of the Global Benefits team is varied and challenging, and the services we offer can take various forms, including:
- Strategic Consulting regarding the design, use, issues and objectives surrounding the provision of employee benefits.
- Risk Management advice to govern and control the risk associated with providing employee benefits.
- Global Broker of Record (GBOR) whereby the Global Benefits team work with clients to implement and then coordinate in-country brokerage services to local operations for employee benefits.
- Bespoke Projectsto address specific issues or requirements a client has surrounding employee benefits. Examples include employee benefit audits, benchmarking, funding and financing.
Global Benefits is a global business line for Aon with over 130 employees and the UK team consists of approximately 35 consultants and support staff.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Global Benefits Consultant some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Manage client relationships to provide advice with regards to international employee benefit solutions.
- Coordinate in-country colleagues in their role of local employee benefit advisers/brokers.
- Measure and report Aon’s performance against objectives agreed with the client.
- Evolve Aon Hewitt account servicing in line with client needs/change.
- Stay current and be proactive with international employee benefit issues/trends, monitor market developments and assist with the identification of revenue generation opportunities for existing clients.
- Identify, investigate and facilitate the closure of new business opportunities.
- Take a role in internal initiatives aimed at driving efficiency, improving client experience, and building our team infrastructure.
- Promote Aon's portfolio of business/services with clients and in the industry (e.g. media events, trade conferences, client seminars)
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Global Benefits Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Skills and qualifications:
Desired Professional Experience
- Working knowledge of differing types of international employee benefits (e.g. pension, risk benefits, medical).
- Understanding of, and experience in, implementing employee benefit financing/funding solutions.
- Proven ability to manage ongoing client relationships.
- Successful record of new business contribution.
- Supporting mindset to assist senior consultants to deliver.
- Able to develop junior team members.
- Commercial mindset to ensure account profitability through efficient partnering.
- Experience of regulated environments.
- Results-orientated, accustomed at setting high standards and working in a demanding environment.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Organised approach to managing various, competing work streams.
- Open to occasional international travel.
- Proactive, and able to work alone or in teams
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.