Aon are currently recruiting a Broker to join our Facultative Latam team in London.
About Aon Benfield
Aon Benfield, a division of Aon plc, is the world’s leading reinsurance intermediary and full-service capital advisor. We empower our clients to better understand, manage and transfer risk through innovative solutions and personalised access to all forms of global reinsurance capital across treaty, facultative and capital markets. As a trusted advocate, we deliver local reach to the world’s markets, an unparalleled investment in innovative analytics, including catastrophe management, actuarial and rating agency advisory.
Through our professionals’ expertise and experience, we advise clients in making optimal capital choices that will empower results and improve operational effectiveness for their business. With more than 80 offices in 50 countries, our worldwide client base has access to the broadest portfolio of integrated capital solutions and services. To learn how Aon Benfield helps empower results, please visit www.aonbenfield.com.
About the Role
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
As a Broker some of your key responsibilities will involve:
• Working on the complex, high value deals (Reinsurance and Portfolio transactions e.g. Client Treaties and Structured Portfolios)
• Provide advice to clients and colleagues on placement design, available coverage and capacity, likely pricing, potential coverage enhancements and market progress
• Work on and provide supporting analytics and research required to develop and deliver market presentation and broking strategy (Both individually and alongside Aon Analytics and Modelling)
• Identifying appropriate channels for risk placement based on clients’ market security guidelines and other requirements, exerting influence on the market in order to secure the best deals
• Negotiating terms and conditions of placement with the market
• Providing specialist advice to clients and colleagues
• Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Broker your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
• Solid experience in the (re)insurance market
• Demonstrated ability to lead multinational placement teams for major clients.
• A strong understanding of and experience working with complex treaty contract wordings.
• Strong client management skills and the ability to communicate goals/strategies to clients and markets.
• An ability to learn and display a broad understanding of Aon’s products and can bring the best of Aon to clients.
• Ability to invest time and resources in Research & Development to find new products/solutions to meet clients’ needs.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.