Client Service Advisor
Aon are currently recruiting a Client Service Advisor to join our Corporate team in Birmingham The Client Manager will be primarily responsible for providing a high quality, innovative and profitable service in accordance with the client’s needs and the agreed Scope of Service Agreement.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Client Service Advisor some of your key responsibilities will involve:
To work with Client Managers to ensure the highest level of service to each assigned Client in line with the agreed SoSA and Client Promise Plan
- Liaise with Client Managers to fully understand the Client’s business and insurance requirements,
- Contribute to the formulation of the Service Plan, Reports, Presentations and any other client documents etc., as required including visits to Clients,
- Communicate terms of settlement to Client, ensure premiums are debited (and allocated appropriately where necessary) and assist with maintenance of credit control standards.
Comply with regulatory and other standards as directed by line management
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company,
- Understand and comply with ICOBS rules, Sarbanes-Oxley, BiPar and Aon business procedures,
- Aon UK Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority,
- Take ownership of problems and their resolution, seeking assistance where necessary,
- Update Aon systems (such as working documents, GRIP) per agreed parameters.
Identify improvements in Client risk & insurance programme design
- Identify potential improvements in programme design for Clients and make recommendations to Client Manager,
- Implement recommended changes for Clients, if required.
Negotiate renewal terms, Mid Term adjustments and cover extensions
- Come fully prepared for the internal renewal strategy meeting,
- Undertake negotiations with insurers as agreed, marketing & negotiating terms with the Aon Facilities as required – fully support the broking function to achieve optimum solution for the client,
- Preparation of comprehensive marketing presentations and the renewal report, working with the Broking Managers to prepare full cover comparisons as required,
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Insurers and where appropriate, differentiating with the Client; the cover, service and industry knowledge that a specific Insurer could deliver to them,
- Co-ordinate global programmes and effectively communicate with the global network and Global Risks,
- Provide ongoing communication with the client following queries/alterations and ensure Client Manager is kept appraised of developments.
Identify revenue development opportunities on allocated Client accounts and make recommendations to Client Managers
- Identify opportunities for revenue growth using knowledge of products/services in the wider Aon community,
- Contribute to Client programme strategy.
Professionally represent Aon, demonstrating an understanding of Corporate objectives
- To be seen by colleagues as someone who is supportive and helpful,
- To continually improve personal knowledge through appropriate training and implement appropriately.
- Ensure contract certainty is delivered. Act as an escalation point for colleagues in relation to contract certainty queries, mentors others as appropriate.
As a Client Service Advisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- ACII or equivalent, preferred but not essential
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- High level of FCA Principle and Procedures,
- Good level of technical knowledge in the major and pecuniary classes, Property / Casualty and Combined.
- Organised, with the ability to prioritise so work is delivered accurately and on time Embrace change and react positively,
- Takes responsibility for own development.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.