Claims Service Advisor
Aon are currently recruiting a Claims Service Advisor to join our team in Glasgow.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Claims Service Advisor some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Managing a portfolio of UK Occupational Disease claims including Noise induced Hearing Loss, Vibration White Finger and asbestos related disease, with an opportunity to gain experience within other commercial claims areas.
- Dealing with cases in line with FCA guidelines; relevant pre-action protocols and managing cases within Claims Portal.
- Establishing relevant coverages, self-insurance periods and gaps in cover, and ensuring that claims are placed appropriately with correct legacy insurers.
- Provide expert advice, technical analysis or litigation support to clients to facilitate the settlement of claims.
- Liaising with the many stakeholders involved in occupational disease claims.
- Establish and maintain electronic claim files, process claims information and co-ordinate internal claims-related activities.
- Maintain and review appropriate claims reserves.
- Establishing and maintaining key client contacts
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Claims Service Advisor your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience dealing with Occupational Disease claims and / or general Liability losses.
- Law firm (or equivalent) training, or Liability claims experience gained within a major Company / Insurer / Syndicate background / Broker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment, displaying flexibility and adaptability yet able to work in a structured manner.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Relevant technical insurance knowledge.
- Knowledge of the necessity of compliance with FCA regulatory and business procedures
- Ability to adhere to process, yet work flexibly within a demanding team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application