Senior Underwriter - Global Terrorism
Aon are currently recruiting a Senior Underwriter - Global Terrorism to join our team in London or Chelmsford. The Senior Global Terrorism Underwriter will be primarily responsible for underwriting global terrorism business in accordance with delegated underwriting authorities, delivering the strategy for the unit, maintaining an excellent working relationship with carriers, promoting products and services and supporting the International Underwriting Director and Underwriting Director in achieving the business plan/budget.
About the Role
- Underwrite new and renewal business & alterations within delegated underwriting authorities, with referral to the carrier as required
- Build excellent working relationships with GBC teams to ensure that GBC and AUM are aligned
- Facilitate the personal development of junior underwriting staff and provide guidance and training on technical underwriting issues
- Work with carriers to deliver the underwriting strategy, to understand Insurers’ risk appetite and expectations
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge and input into technical and commercial market intelligence
- Assume line management responsibility for direct reports (if applicable)
- Deputise for the International Underwriting Director as required
- Monitor and control of new and renewal business, including aggregate monitoring
- To act fully in compliance with FSA rules and guidelines and with Aon Policy
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Level of education – higher education (and ideally ACII)
- Proven track record in technical underwriting
- Underwriting experience in the London Market – which may include some time spent as a Broker.
- Experience of RMS or other Catastrophe modelling software would be an advantage
- Able to establish and maintain relationships with brokers and carriers
- Team leadership experience and organisational skills
- Team player / team-building ability
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engender enthusiasm and commitment in the underwriting team
- Advanced level of technical underwriting knowledge
- Ability and drive to deliver targets
- Effective communicator, both written and oral at senior level
- Attention to detail and achieving high professional standard
- Able to work proactively without direct supervision, as well as part of a team
- Accurate and timely throughput of work
- Ability to mentor and coach direct reports (if applicable) and junior team members
Salary & Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.