DCS – Assistant Product Specialist
We are hiring!
Aon is currently recruiting for an Assistant Product Specialist to join our DCS (Delegated Consulting Services) team in London. You will be supporting and adding value to the DCS Product Specialist team.
Within DCS, Product Specialists are responsible for the investment aspects of the relationship with existing and on-boarding clients, and supporting the Sales Team with winning new business and managing relations with third party evaluators.
Product Specialists work closely with all the teams within DCS (including Portfolio Management, Risk, Legal, Flight Plan, Operational Due Diligence, Middle Office, Sales, Reporting and Client Account Management) to allow them to act as the main investment contact for DCS clients and consultants.
DCS, also more generically known fiduciary management, is a service offered by Aon. It is delivered via an FCA authorised asset management business set up within Aon (HRMSL). Clients are typically invested in a range of in-house Irish QIFS, segregated pooled vehicles for illiquid assets and a tailored LDI fund.
About the Role
As an Assistant Product Specialist some of your key responsibilities will involve;
- Preparing presentations and collating data for regular client meetings and new business pitches;
- Prepare ad-hoc presentations/reports explaining complex investment issues in lay terms;
- Develop analysis and content for use in slide decks for clients, prospects and consultants – including portfolio performance vs appropriate benchmarks, portfolio changes and their impact, explanation of new ideas and opportunities
- Streamline processes and liaise with offshore team to update regularly required content from DCS data systems
- Provide support to the DCS Product Specialist with technical queries from Investment Advisory, clients and DCS Sales teams;
- Coordinate the timing of production of quarterly reporting with the DCS Reporting and Hub teams to meet client deadlines;
- Coordinate the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RfPs) from prospective DCS clients (editing, proof reading and collation of data, coordinating inputs across the business) in conjunction with the Sales lead. This will include providing a modelling specification and reviewing the output received.
- Attend regular DCS Product Specialist meetings with Manager Research and Asset Allocation specialists and maintain a database summarising these discussions;
- Expand DCS's relationships with the trustees of existing clients, in particular outside of formal meeting environments.
- Expand, maintain and encourage continued use of Aon's client relationship management tools
- Provide support on a range of DCS projects including, but not limited to, flight plan processes, investment strategy review process, exclusion reporting, quarterly reporting templates, European solutions, DC solutions, onboarding process and information sharing with investment consultants.
- Contribute to regular DCS Product Specialist conference calls and meetings and implement resulting actions as necessary;
- Review and draft the investment technical aspects of investment management agreements and flight plan agreements including description of performance fee calculations, flight plan structures and investment restrictions.
- Liaise with Client Account Managers on the outstanding investment technical issues with onboarding clients;
- Agree and review transition plans and reports with Portfolio Managers for new clients and highlight any concerns to the DCS Product Specialist lead.
- Ensure all interested functions with DCS are aware of new clients or changes to existing clients' solutions in a timely manner (eg CAM, Risk, FlightPlan, Portfolio Manager).
- Advise Client Account Managers in responding to client and consulting information requests for accounting and regulatory purposes (eg Report and Accounts, PPF stress tests, etc).
Your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- An understanding of all main asset classes and markets.
- Gained, or be close to gaining, a professional qualification, in particular FIA or CFA.
- Investment background with experience in the industry.
- An understanding of the fiduciary management industry and current industry trends.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with an ability to explain complex issues in lay terms.
- High attention to detail with focus on accuracy. Ability to edit and proof read documentation, rewriting if necessary to ensure appropriate communications and messaging.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external clients at all levels of seniority.
- Anticipation of potential problems and being proactive in identifying solutions.
- Consistently acting with the highest integrity and professional standards.
- Understanding and putting into practice Aon’s vision, approach to client care, the development of individuals and all values and cultural aspects of Aon.
- Pension liability knowledge and in particular the different methods for valuing liabilities and the factors affecting that valuation.
- Experience of liability driven investment solutions
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.