Personal Assistant - Epsom or St.Albans, UK
Aon Hewitt is currently recruiting a PA to join our team in Epsom. You will be providing proactive PA support to multiple Sales Team Seniors, plus some further support for consultants within our Investment Consulting Group; reducing distractions and calls on their time, to enable them to focus on revenue generation, client and colleague management and winning new business.
You will receive support from a great team of PAs and secretaries based in the same office.
About the Role
As a PA some of your key responsibilities will involve;
- Deliver distinctive client value by acting as point of contact/liaison with clients, third parties, peers and direct reports of the Partner / Consultants, developing and maintaining a sound knowledge of key contacts
- Produce documents as requested, in line with Corporate Style, including typing, formatting, proof reading, printing and binding as needed
- Proactively manage email where agreed. Flag emails requiring action, categorise, file to Pulsepoint, respond to some emails / delegate to key team members where appropriate
- Proactively manage diary. Work with other meeting organisers to manage clashes, plan travel and preparation time, and anticipate travel requirements.
- Prepare for meetings – take initiative to print off (or prepare for viewing on iPad) meeting papers/agendas, drawing attention early to any actions/preparation required
- Plan and organise travel arrangements, including itineraries and route maps
- Submit and manage expenses and Amex logs accurately and within the firm’s guidelines
- Organise annual client entertainment functions as well as adhoc smaller scale client events
- Manage incoming phone calls and other attempts to make contact (e.g. emails, voice messages, Communicator messages, face to face and texts) passing detailed messages on effectively and efficiently
- Organise internal and external meetings including all catering, equipment and logistical requirements, cancelling any rooms which are no longer required
- Draft emails and communications as requested
- Ensure billing is completed within agreed deadlines
- Manage compliance tasks including CPD completion, annual declarations, gift & entertainment registers, setting up new clients.
- Keep up to date with internal news, project updates and developments, ensuring action is taken where appropriate, and Partner / team are alerted to any action required by them
- Actively maintain data held in internal systems
- Any ad hoc duties, requests and initiatives to ensure those supported can work efficiently
As a PA your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- PA experience, ideally within the financial services industry within a medium to large professional services firm
- Experience of supporting a wider team
- A level’s or equivalent
- Fully proficient with standard technology Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Internet Explorer, Communicator, Live Meeting and use of Smart Phones
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, prioritises work well and uses initiative to stay ahead of deadlines
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal and with all levels of seniority
- Ability to multi task and respond to changing priorities
- Hard working, conscientious, accurate attention to detail and timely delivery of work
- A “can-do” attitude, positive approach to change, a mind-set of process improvement and willingness to learn new skills
- Reliable, trustworthy and maintains confidentiality
- Ability to work under own initiative and through others
Aon Hewitt helps organisations improve the performance of their benefits and rewards programmes by identifying and managing risk. We are a global leader in providing employee benefits consulting and solutions that deliver long-term value to clients of all sizes, and across all industries. Aon Hewitt is a division of Aon, one of the world’s largest insurance brokers and providers of risk management services and a major force in reinsurance and the human capital consulting market.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.