Project Manager – Business change
Aon Hewitt are currently recruiting a Project Manager – Business change to join our team in South East UK.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organisations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organisational and personal performance and growth, navigate risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Project Manager – Business change some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company
Delivering complex projects as allocated by the Project Management Office Leader
- Building, developing and motivating high performing project & programme teams committed to achieving success by delivering the benefits of the programme
- Working to direct governance arrangements and lead by example
- Conducting kick-off meetings with all key stakeholders in order to announce the start of the project and review the overall project plan and gain consensus.
- Recording detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g. planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the Project Charter.
- Measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
- Monitoring expenditure and costs against budget and delivered & realized benefits
- Working with other functional areas and stakeholders to ensure synergy, effectiveness, and continued improvement of the organizational processes
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects, both within and outwith your direct control
- Establishing alliances with other departments and organizations by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the project
- Ensuring the implementation of the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project
- Owning additional activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the project are identified or issues arise
- Reporting the progress of the project at regular intervals to the PMO Leader
- Promoting continuous improvement and innovation that takes into consideration the wider stakeholders, our end customer needs
- Guiding the supply chain and internal colleagues whilst overseeing the development of project proposals, bids and tender responses.
As a Project Manager – Business change your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Skills and qualifications:
Experience of working within a Consulting firm, in a project management capacity
Deep Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Project Management process and tools.
Ability to create presentations and write business cases for senior leadership.
Experience with solution/product development processes.
Experience of M&As projects would be advantageous
Excellent communication skill across your team, interdependencies and stakeholders
Inspires loyalty and trust, handles oneself ethically following core values and beliefs and recognizes contributions & praises people for doing a good job
Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
Enjoy working on a variety of projects or a large complex project where you will be well known and respected for the good work you do
Have the ability to act and react positively in a challenging environment
Be honest and frank about Programme/project progress
Represent the interests of the Programme/project through effective networking with peers and key stakeholders
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.