Business Analyst / Project Manager
Aon Hewitt are currently recruiting a Business Analyst / Project Manager to join our team in Epsom. The Business Analyst / Project Manager will be primarily responsible for planning , designing , developing, and launching new and changed Retirement and Investment business products and services in support of the Aon business strategy. This entails gathering and analysing data in support of business cases, proposed projects and approved projects. The Business Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of product and services investments.
The Business Analyst/Project Manager I will also work on external client projects as allocated by the Head of the Department.
About Aon Hewitt
Aon Hewitt empowers organisations and individuals to secure a better future through innovative talent, retirement and health solutions. We advise, design and execute a wide range of solutions that enable clients to cultivate talent to drive organisational and personal performance and growth, navigate risk while providing new levels of financial security, and redefine health solutions for greater choice, affordability and wellness. Aon Hewitt is the global leader in human resource solutions, with over 30,000 professionals in 90 countries serving more than 20,000 clients worldwide. For more information on Aon Hewitt, please visit www.aonhewitt.com
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Business Analyst / Project Manager some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Strategy and Planning.
- Meet with decision makers, product owners, service owners and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and products and services goals, and identify and resolve business issues.
- Support process for the development of business cases for new products or services.
- Lead design sessions in developing new products and services which may entail enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Review and analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of existing products and services and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these products and services.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of product and service analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions. Gain agreement, from senior management, of the best method of introducing your recommendations to the business.
- Operational Management.
- Prepare and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas relating to products and services across the organization.
- Create product and service design proposals.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed solutions to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of new and existing products and services.
- Create product and service models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to project teams.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new solutions, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new products and services.
- Ensure plans are made and processes are created to evaluate the impact of the changes made, including taking responsibility for overseeing and reporting on this evaluation.
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to project team members.
- Product and Service Development.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new products and services, and enhancements to existing products and services.
- Conduct research on products and services to justify recommendations and to support purchasing and / or development efforts.
- Project Manage small to medium initiatives in support of larger projects or programmes.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Business Analyst / Project Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of products and services.
- Extensive practical knowledge in identifying and utilising data / information for use in reports, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Logical and efficient.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to conduct research into product and services issues as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience in supporting Business Development.
Education and Certification
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience required. (Advanced degree desired but not required).
- Project management certification (e.g. CAPM, PMP etc.) is desired but not required.
- Business Analysis/Project Management experience.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.