Business Analyst, Insurance
Aon are currently recruiting a Business Analyst to join our team in London. The Business Analyst will be primarily responsible for providing value to the business in extracting, understanding and documenting the requirements for any requests for change or enhancements to existing systems, or introduction of new IT applications or services into the Aon estate.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Business Analyst some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Deriving, understanding and documenting business requirements prior to any project inception.
- Review the business requirements and ensure that the full IT and business impact has been assessed before passing into project initiation phase.
- Ensuring that business requirements and imperatives are correctly articulated and understood by the project manager, or development team in the case of small enhancements.
- Documenting requirements in a standard format in line with IT governance processes.
- Assess any business requirements with a view to the regional and local IT strategies.
- Assess, understand and document both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Form relationships with business subject matter experts, encouraging trust and transparency, during a project lifecycle
- Mentorship of business analysts within the team
- Actively contribute toward enhancement of the business analysis function within the IT Change Team including driving the standardization of artefacts and processes.
- To support the Head of IT Change and IT Management in their roles as directed.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Business Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Essential IT and business analysis skills:
- Business analysis experience working within the insurance broking or underwriting business domain
- Demonstration of leading an analysis work stream for small to medium sized programmes involving aspects of business process change to evolve the business to a new target operating model
- Shaping of requirements in a way that the business can understand IT have everything captured
- Demonstration of involvement in the full project lifecycle from initiation to completion.
- Demonstration of leadership to make things happen and meet deadlines and business expectations.
- Experience of industry IT products, broking platforms, underwriting platforms, integration standards, London market processing, etc
- An understanding of Regulatory requirements within the London Market (CASS5, FCA controls, FATCA regulation, Solvency II)
- Demonstration of carrying out business analysis activities on large or very large sized programmes.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application