Payroll Administrator - fixed term contract
Aon are currently recruiting a Payroll Administrator - on a fixed term basis, to join our team in Chelmsford. The Payroll Administrator will be primarily responsible for acting as co-ordinator between the HR teams and the fully managed payroll service provider for the UK payroll, within the HR life cycle, ensuring that employees are paid on time and accurately and that payroll control accounts are reconciled and overpayments recovered, ensuring an effective HR administration service to Aon UK. Also to ensure that statutory and audit requirements are met.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Payroll Administrator some of your key responsibilities will involve:
- Liaise with outsourced payroll provider to ensure accurate processing of payroll, year end returns and Early Year Updates (EYU).
- Liaise with HR teams to ensure accurate processing of HR and payroll transactions.
- Conduct detailed checks of monthly payroll to ensure accuracy of processing of data. Carry out payroll audits as and when required.
- To understand and comply with the requirements of the FCA, Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) and the Data Protection Act.
- Understanding of compilation and checking of monthly Sox controls for sign off.
- Monitor the payroll queries shared mailbox and ensure queries are dealt with within the service level agreement (SLA). Investigate and resolve payroll queries from a variety of sources.
- Understanding of monthly reconciliation of the payroll control accounts, working with the outsourced payroll providers to ensure accurate payments/refunds are made and reporting requirements are met.
- Investigate, reconcile and clear payroll control account entries.
- Collate stock and cash dividend payment information and process through outsourced payroll for correct deduction of tax and NI. Compile annual forms 35 & 42 for submission to HMRC. Work with Reward team and US team to provide correct employee marginal tax rates for withholding purposes.
- Assist on annual projects, such as production of P11D’s and P60’s and ensure that payroll provider and other relevant parties are fully engaged.
- Regular review and updating of department process documents
- Any other projects / duties as required by the Payroll Manager.
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Payroll Administrator your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Skills and Knowledge
- Payroll experience.
- Competent in Word and Excel.
- Good customer service skills.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Accurate, well-organised and good communicator.
- Ability to react quickly, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Consistent approach, adhering to processes, ensuring accuracy and quality assurance.
- Problem Solving - Ability to work on / research problems with minimal supervision.
- Able to act on own initiative but also support team members when required.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.