Client Director – National Corporate Risk
Aon are currently recruiting a Client Director to join our National Corporate team in Redhill or Chelmsford. The Client Director will be primarily responsible for larger risks, take on the role of Client Manager for a portfolio value in the Area of £1M, identifying Client’s risk needs and utilising the best of Aon’s wider offering to design and deliver a profitable Scope of Service Agreement. Act as the senior contact between certain clients and Corporate, supporting less experienced Client Managers.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. Aon's recruitment and selection policy ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
About the Role
As a Client Director some of your key responsibilities will involve:
Client Development, Management and Retention
- Identify each client’s service requirements and manage the client service team to ensure service meets agree standards.
- Manage client expectations: keeping them informed of progress and communicating with them as appropriate, and taking appropriate and timely action to identify and correct problems.
- Ensure delivery to highest standard using best practice processes and conducting regular reviews with clients through Client Promise, issuing meeting minutes promptly after meetings.
- Maintain client files in accordance with agreed procedures, keeping records complete, accurate and up to date.
- Assist the Client Management team to achieve the annual revenue target for clients in their location.
- Drive the highest level of service to each Client, within area of responsibility, in line with the agreed client service tools.
- Act as senior relationship manager for designated clients, co-ordinating client relationship management across the whole of Aon. Build senior level relationships within their Clients.
- Look for new sales opportunities which may include selling additional Aon services and work with the New Business Developers in supporting future client visits.
- Develop and support less experienced team members in the achievement of their objectives through coaching and mentoring.
- Attract, develop and retain talented individuals in line with business plans.
- Work with the Commercial Insurance leadership team to develop a working environment where people are positive, motivated and enthusiastic.
- Work with the leadership team to improve key ‘cultural’ characteristics of the overall Corporate business: enthusiasm, client focus, innovation, accountability.
- Where there is line management responsibility: Lead a team through coaching, development and performance management, ensuring completed objectives with supporting personal development plans in place.
Wider development contribution
- Contribute to the development of strategy through the Area leadership team.
- Liaise with other team managers and line management to ensure effective working relationships between the Client Management, Broking and Client Service teams, so that together they drive revenue and profit growth.
- Instil a culture of teamwork, effective communications and professionalism. Act as the Aon point of contact in the local market place.
Compliance with regulatory requirements and business procedures
- Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon UK Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon UK Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Promote all compliance related requirements throughout the region and identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Ensure all agreed practices and tools are actively and consistently applied.
- Working with the Operations Manager, take responsibility for ensuring staff awareness and conformances to all compliance related requirements for client management.
- Lead by example by ensuring own activity complies with regulatory requirements and business procedures.
As a Client Director your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- FCII/ACII preferred but not essential
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Commercial understanding of business – market forces.
- Understanding the insurance market dynamics.
- Provide inspiration to staff and also the ability to resolve performance issues.
- Strong technical knowledge in all major and pecuniary classes.
- High level of knowledge of Aon products, services and systems (such as AonLine and GRIP) – desirable
- Good negotiating, listening and communication skills.
- Sales skills.
- Adaptable, focussed and self-disciplined – driven to achieve results.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare, childcare vouchers and additional holiday.
We’re happy to talk flexible working. If you need to flex your working pattern, Aon offers flexible and agile working policies and we’re happy to discuss options with you upon application.